touchpad buttons to sensitive

radardr
radardr Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

I have a new a new Aspire VN7-791G-71P5 Nitro.  The touch pad buttons seem to be part of the total touchpad.  Whenever I try to click the button just touching it moves the curser off of the item that I am trying to click on.  I have adjusted the sensitivity to a point that it is almost impossible to move the curser but this does not help.  Any ideas?

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

In this case, you can consider turning Off taps or change the delay before taps work. To do this, you can refer to "To change precision touchpad settings" section on the following link:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/touchpad

Hope this will help you.

• radardr

Oops guess I should have put in my original post that I have loaded Windows 7 on the machine.  Windows 8.1 would not run a lot of the programs that I need for my work.  Maybe I need drivers for win 7?

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

As per the details mentioned on Acer website, your model Aspire VN7-791G is compatible with Windows 8.1 only. As you have installed Windows 7, it is recommended to contact Acer support using the link below for further assistance:
    http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

• radardr

Talked to support.  They said they were sorry but that I need to accept a substandard operating system even if it won't run the progams I need for my job.  They must be in microsux pocket.

• radardr

OK broke down and loaded windows 8.1 and the touch pad driver from acer web site.  The touchpad is still very sensitive and when I look at it in device manager it still says that it is using the windows generic driver. 

• CosmicDust
    CosmicDust Member Posts: 42 Die Hard WiFi Icon

This is EXACTLY the problem I'm having and it is driving me NUTS. I love this laptop otherwise, but this is insane. Whoever decided the touchpad would be active over the buttons needs to be fired yesterday.

And all I can find is that same answer as the first reply which does not address the problem. Read what he described again. Does anyone have a solution for THIS issue?

[inappropriate content removed]