Acer Aspire R7 Wifi Fix!

2»

Answers

• jaewchung
    jaewchung Member Posts: 3 New User

Which Intel 7260 card did you use?  There are at least 5 versions that I am aware of...

7260HMW BN (wireless N; single band), 7260HMW NB (wireless N; dual band; no Bluetooth), 7260HMW AN (wireless N; dual band; Bluetooth), 7260HMW (wireless AC; dual band; Bluetooth), 7260HMW.R ("revised").  Prices range from $12 to $30.

I've also read that most could not get the Bluetooth working...  I've also read that the "revised" version updated the Bluetooth functionalities.  Does your Bluetooth work?

Finally, did you have to do anything special to install the correct driver?  Thanks.

• Johnners45
    Johnners45 Member Posts: 2 New User

So I changed the settings like the original post suggested. Didnt change DL speed much at all..

So I ordered the suggested wifi card and installed it just now, my download speed went from 3Mbps to just over 4Mbps, not a huge increase. My roommates mac tested at 29Mbps right next to my computer at the same time.

I dont know what else to do here? 

• jaewchung
    jaewchung Member Posts: 3 New User

Which wifi card did you install?  Intel 7260HMW BN, 7260HMW NB, 7260 HMW AN, 7260 HMW, or 7260 HMW.R?   Also, what type of router are you using?  Wireless-N, Wireless-N Dual band, Wireless-AC, or older G, A/B?

• kenburkhalter
    kenburkhalter Member Posts: 9 New User

I installed the INTEL|7260 wifi adapter and let Windows find the current driver automatically.

Worked like a charm and out wi-fi speeds are now 20Mbs.  Couldn't ask for better, and it has been that way for about a year now.  

This Intel card TOTALLY cured the problem for us.