Switch 10 maximum SD card size

Pandarpm
Pandarpm Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hi all

Does anybody know the maximum SD card size for the Aspire switch 10.  I have seen various suggestions from 32 to 64, I was hoping it would be bigger.

Thanks all

Best Answer

• FerryAnoid
    FerryAnoid Member Posts: 43

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

I am using 64GB as a live drive D: and it is working fast and fine.I have several tablets so just use the C: drives for the OS. All of my apps are installed on the D: drive and I can just move the SD from one device to the other.

My guess is anything over 64GB should also work.

Answers

• FerryAnoid
    FerryAnoid Member Posts: 43

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

I am using 64GB as a live drive D: and it is working fast and fine.I have several tablets so just use the C: drives for the OS. All of my apps are installed on the D: drive and I can just move the SD from one device to the other.

My guess is anything over 64GB should also work.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

In general if it supports 64GB cards it supports 128GB, 256GB, etc. I tested with 64GB when I had mine and it worked fine, so I believe the sky is the limit! Smiley Happy

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Marcus35
    Marcus35 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter

I also have C: and D: using a microSD, but how do i move apps from C: to microSD D: ?

thnx

• billsey

It depends on the application. Some do not like being installed to removable media. For those that allow it, all you need to do is reinstall, selecting the D: drive when it gives the option to choose a location. I typically setup a 'Program Files' folder on the D: drive on my desktops to help keep the applications separate from the data.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Marcus35
    Marcus35 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter

But for me i never got that option to install to D: drive and not to C:

where exactly do i change this?

thank you.

• billsey

That is dependant on the application. Almost all desktop apps allow a choice for location at some time during the install process.

• RedneckDude
    RedneckDude Member Posts: 1 New User

Marcus35

When installing something, the dialog will show where it's being installed. Simply change C: for the drive letter of your SD card.

• maxorkaGTi
    maxorkaGTi Member Posts: 16 New User

Switch 10 SW5-012-14WC maximum SD card size please?64, good ones?

• billsey

Yes, 64GB will be fine.

• maxorkaGTi

Sure?Google say it support only up to 32?

• billsey

maxorkaGTi wrote:

Sure?Google say it support only up to 32?

This is an artifact of the SDHC specification. SDHC cards are fully supported, SDXC are supported, but not fully. You cannot format an SDXC card in a SDHC slot, but you can use one.

• RFNM
    RFNM Member Posts: 24 Troubleshooter

The UK Acer site states "Memory Card Supported: microSD Extended Capacity (microSDXC)"

I have a 64GB SanDisk Mobile Ultra microSDXC in my Switch 11 (which shows the same spec in this regard), pleased with it so far. Have installed quite a few programs to run from there, all successfully. Frustrated with Adobe Creative Cloud which disallows on the grounds that it's a removable device though.

Don't order SD cards from the likes of eBay or Amazon MarketPlace though as the chances of buying a counterfeit one that isn't in any way comparable to the advertised spec, just has a genuine looking sticker, are relatively high. Been there, got the T shirt...

Since getting 'burnt' with a card off eBay I've used 7dayshop here in the UK for my memory card purchases. I've bought plenty of cards for phones, still cameras, video cameras, tablets etc. without any issues. Find a vendor by recommendation and stick with them.

• maxorkaGTi

Yeah i will go to local shop test the 64 card if it s work i takr it@

• RFNM
    RFNM Member Posts: 24 Troubleshooter

Yeah i will go to local shop test the 64 card if it s work i takr it@

Yep, that'll work Smiley Happy though you might find them reluctant to let you try before you buy. Purchasing from a local reputable retailer is always quick, easy and gives you somewhere to take it back to if it's not as described. Expect to pay top dollar for the privilege though... I'm always adverse to that unless it's a local independent store where I'm willing to pay a reasonable surcharge so long as it's not too outrageous.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

I use H2testw to test SD cards before use. Have found a 4GB card marked 64GB that way. Couterfeits rarely have the proper markings but few know what they should be.

• SKORPIO
    SKORPIO Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi its a long time ago but,i have a acer switch 11 and i just figure out that i can take a card that is amazing,it can all the way to a 2tb card