E700 Sudden Death Syndrom ?

Botanique
Botanique Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives

Hello,

I just opened a "repair ticket" by Acer customer care about my problem.

But I want also for my knowledge, and may be before they accept that I send my device to them, ask the community Smiley Happy

So my phone works since I bought it (around 3 weeks ago) perfectly.

It's a Acer Liquid E700 tri-sim, which I find simply the best phone I ever had (sadly with some annoying things, but I can definitely live with that !)

Yesterday I still called some friends, and then let my phone lying somewhere in the house with 80% battery, until I wanted to unlock it and look at it.... IMPOSSIBLE !

First I thought it was the battery empty, which didn't sound logical, but I tried to charge it, through normal charger and through my PC. When I do that, the blue LED goes on... but impossible to get the device on ! Even after charging for a night !

I don't know what to do, cause we can't remove the battery and put it back...

The device doesn't get on at all, even in recovery mode, nothing happens at all... (Long press Power button, Long press Power + Volume down, ... I tried almost everything)

I read this is called Sudden death syndrom (SDS) by Samsung products.

Does anybody experience / solved the same problem ?

Or have any idea what I could try?

Thank you !

Bruno

Best Answer

• Botanique
    Answer ✓

Ok some news of the phone !

I received it after some days in the repair shop, and it's working !

In the mean time I read some other users had the same syndroms... don't know why.

Solution was simply to put a new motherboard and reinstall android (Acer did it). I could restore a backup and everything is working VERY well right now.

Let's hope it doesn't happen again ! Smiley Happy

Cheers

Bruno

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

You already tried the classic things, you can try also to hold the power button and then connect it to a PC, sometime this wake up the device.

if it doesn't wake up, wait for the warranty call. Smiley Happy

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Botanique
    Answer ✓

Ok some news of the phone !

I received it after some days in the repair shop, and it's working !

In the mean time I read some other users had the same syndroms... don't know why.

Solution was simply to put a new motherboard and reinstall android (Acer did it). I could restore a backup and everything is working VERY well right now.

Let's hope it doesn't happen again ! Smiley Happy

Cheers

Bruno

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Good to hear.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • krips89
    krips89 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Oh god! This just happened to my 1 month old phone!!! Can't believe it. I'll be sending it to Acer soon, but how long did it take them to replace/repair your phone? It would be shame if I can't keep this awesome new phone with me during the Christmas vacation. **bleep**!
  • Botanique

Hello,

It was relatively fast : A little bit more than 1 week (from sending to receiving)

Everything is fine since 1 week, hope it'll go on !

Cheers

Bruno

• Botanique

Hi everybody,

Just to let everybody know as I'm visiting here again, that the syndrom was definitely solved by the "repair" step (send the phone, wait, get the phone back").

Have no idea why it happened, but the service was fast and efficient.

Cheers

Bruno

• sapphire21
    sapphire21 Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi It similarly happen to me 2x, first I just saw my phone dead and when i pressed the power on button, it opened then hanged, I don't know what happened, I cannot removed the battery since it's a built in battery, so what i do is to wait until the battery drains. When I woke up, I charged it and open it, now its working, but after I think five hours it then again happen but this time, It charged only few minutes, but after that, It was not charging. Now my phone is dead.!. I don't know what happen again and was wrong this phone.

Please someone can help me?

• rdiler
    rdiler Member Posts: 1 New User

Same issue here.   Battery was charged around 55% , left the phone on the table. Got back and it was off. It was as well quite hot. Tried to switch off and all the abovementioned procedures. still nothing. I have blu led on when charging, but nothing seems to be able to wake it up.. I will have to send it in warranty (still valid for other 3 months). What happens if the Acer Liquid E700 E39 (TriSim) goes dead again after warranty expires ? Not happy with this product: the specs are super, but reliability is not: it's second time we have to send it in repair: first time the speaker went completely dead (with headset it was working though). I love this moved size and screen, but quality impacts too much, next phone won't be probably an Acer, but let's see how long they keep it in repair (last time they were impressively quick: less than a week and I didn't pay for any shipment, that is great customer service, IMHO!).

• Luiistrak
    Luiistrak Member Posts: 3 New User

Hey guys something similar happened to me i was watching a video on my phone while i was charging it and it turns to 0% battery and i press the botton to turn on it and it doesnt go so i left all the night charging it and in the morning i saw that doesnt turn on and i was scared and didnt to know because i can take off the battery and i dont know what to do if someone can said me or something it will be awesome (i bought the phone on june of 2015)

• bak
    bak Member Posts: 2 New User

I faced the same problem a year ago. Nothing worked: other charger, factory reset, new install of Android, new battery. So it had to do something with a corrupted BIOS I assumed. Therefor I managed to flash (!) a complete new software set. This did the thing. Afterwards it worked without problems for abour half a year, but now suddenly I have the same problem again. So I plan to flash it again with

SP_Flash_Tool_exe_Windows_v5.1416.00

Images_Acer_AV0K0_E39_1.025.00_EMEA_GEN1.zip

But therefor I need sufficient battery power first. I discovered that by continuous pressing the power button, as to start it 5 times directly after each other (so not releasing the button beforehand) and directly afterwards inserting the charger will reset the internal charging sircuit somehow. With 50% capacity it will be safe to flash. This can only be done without the AC adapter attached.

• Luiistrak

Mate and if its the BIOS can I change it to anotheror reinstall it and it will work ?

• bak
    bak Member Posts: 2 New User

I'm not sure what you write, but I can give you no guarantees. Above worked for me though

• Luiistrak

Dont worry i dont think it more i will buy another phone the onplus 2 maybe its a very good phone for that price

• Adedart
    Adedart Member Posts: 1 New User
    My acer e39 suddenly shut down and has refused to turn on.
    All of the answers here aren't working, please is there any other solution to this?

• MirecXP
    MirecXP Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have also encountered this issue and no hint helped me. So I have downloaded the official ROM from acer site and flashed it with ADB:
    1. You will need Windows computer, I was not able to make the Mac recognise the phone properly, but maybe it is somehow possible.
    2. Download official Android 4.4.2 ROM from ACER site: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/drivers
        enter SNID (check the phone inside), look in OS category and download, the ZIP file is ~700MB large, do not unzip.
        Download and extract the Drivers too.
        No need to download unofficial ROMs or drivers for this phone I think.
    3. Download android platform tools from https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools and unpack to some directory
    4. Install phone Drivers manually from Device manager, use Action/Add device command and navigate to INF in the driver folder.
    5. Turn on the phone and star recovery mode (Vol down+Power).
    6. Connect the charged device with USB cable.
    7. Start cmd.exe and navigate to platform-tools directory, start "adb devices" command, your device should be listed.
        If no device is listed, return to driver installation step.
    8. start "adb reboot bootloader", phone will reboot, hint about flashing the ROM appears
    9. start "adb sideload yourpathto/officialROM.zip
    10. wait few minutes until the installation is finished, phone reboots and should work.
    11. you are happy :)