Problem with Aspire VN7-571G Backlit keyboard

Gnyda
Gnyda Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi,

I have a problem. I have installed windows 8.1 Pro N on Acer VN7-571G it has backlit option, but my key combination fn + f9 doesn't work, in other words all function keys work exept backlit keyboard on/off. Any ideas ??

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

If it worked before, it's a driver problem. Have the 8.1 driver availiable and uninstall the current driver and delete the software in Device Manager. Cleaning out the other drivers can stop you from having any driver conflicts. Reboot and reinstall the driver. 

• Gnyda

Thanx, but I just bought the computer (it is new just from the box) and made clean Windows 8.1 Pro N install, drivers from manufacturers DVD. So why it doesn't work? And that is the service or device for backlit keyboard called ?

• philetus

Was it running 8.1 before you installed 8.1 Pro N?

• Gnyda

No. It was free dos (linux)

• philetus

Did the key combo work in Free dos?

• Gnyda

I didn't check Smiley Tongue just installed win 8.1 Pro N. The key f9 it self works, but the combination doesn't. 

• Ashes
    Ashes Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi,

I've got a question Ace Philetus! I think you can help me. (or anyone else who got an answer Smiley Happy)

I've got a VN7-791G (bought with windows 8.1 inside) and fn+F9 for turning on the keyboard backlights is not working anymore since it went back from tech support (for fan issue).

Do you think the guy from the tech could have brought a driver conflict by installing a new pilot? Or could it also be because of a windows 8.1 update? 

Or do you know a way to turn on the lights in the control panel?

Thanks

(English is not my mothertong, sorry if there are mistakes.)