Win 8.1 Dolby Theater problem

18TommyBoy
18TommyBoy Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I have Acer V3-571G, windows 7 drivers are old, but ok, all work.

I today buy and intalled Win 8.1 Pro, downloaded the lastest drivers from Acer, but the Dolby Home Theater dont work... Found there others who asking for this problem but nobody from Acer cant repair this problem??? 1 YEAR are out the 8.1 and nobody programmed for this anything??

The V3-571G has the worst Bass what I have notebooks, a EQ from Dolby Home Theaher helps a little, but from today this little missing too? -.-

Best Answer

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Try uninstalling the driver in Device Manager and installing the Windows 8 driver, not 8.1.

Answers

• 18TommyBoy

Tinkerer

• philetus
    Answer ✓

Try uninstalling the driver in Device Manager and installing the Windows 8 driver, not 8.1.

• 18TommyBoy

Tinkerer

Ok, this is good, the oldest driver Smiley Happy Thanks man Smiley Happy

• Aspire_S7
    Aspire_S7 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, what i did was to re-download realtek from acer's drivers'site, then http://www.dolby.com/us/en/home/index.html to download dolby home T v4... Haha! & for my Lenovo's tablet too... =P I like windows 8, until my recent crash. I didnt save my OEM key for win8... & my internal SSD is emptied... Duh. Now im lurking around like a "thief"... Using trial wins8.1...
  • 18TommyBoy

Tinkerer

Redownload not help Smiley Sad

and there is nothing to download: http://prntscr.com/5df9eq

• philetus

Try this, Download 

AudioRealtekAudio Driver6.0.1.7040394.1 MB2014/08/05Download

and extract it to a new folder. Uninstall the audio driver in Device Manager and delete software.

Open the folder where you extracted the driver and run Setup.

After that's done upen the folder again and click on PCEE4. Click on DolbyAdvancedAudio.msi and install Dolby.

• 18TommyBoy

Tinkerer

No help :/ Its deactivate the PCEE4. There its nothing jumping Smiley Sad Acer very good work...

KGq16c8.png

• philetus

Did you install "Dolby Home Theater.msi" instead of "DolbyAdvancedAudio.msi"?

• 18TommyBoy

Tinkerer

The: DolbyHomeTheater.msi

This is what I have at notebook printed near Switch ON button... In Win 7 is more powefull bass then 8.1..

I have too Asus U3 USB soundcard,

with win 7 is this Dolby sound 40% of the Asus soundcard

with win 8.1 only around 20% of Asus..

The -20% boring me and I dont kno why, newest drivers.. Smiley Sad I try install the Win 7 driver too but not help.

• philetus

You need to uninstall the DolbyHomeTheater.msi and the audio driver and try it the way I posted.

• 18TommyBoy

Tinkerer

I try, and sent you the picture Smiley Happy No Enabled the EQ