my acer m3-581t bios 1.13 preinstalled windows 7 and acer m3-581t bios 2.17 preinstalled windows 8 ,

mahdi
mahdi Member Posts: 13 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives

i am  just curious and i need answer

my acer m3-581t bios 1.13 preinstalled windows 7 and acer m3-581t bios 2.17 preinstalled windows 8 ,this two 2 pc have the same hardware
why acer dont unlock the bios 2.17 both pc whit different operating system this is my question to acer  please need explication

Best Answer

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓

Ok. I understand your desire to utilize the latest technology. Unfortunately, there is not a way to upgrade a model that shipped with Legacy BIOS to EUFI. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

it's for windows licensing.

1.xx has windows 7 serial key

2.xx has windows 8 serial key

it's why you can't update BIOS 1.x to 2.x, since you didn't get the license for windows 8 on 1.x BIOS PC.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • mahdi

my operating system now is windows 8.1 oem

my acer m3-581t bios 1.13 preinstalled windows 7 and acer m3-581t bios 2.17 preinstalled windows 8, have the same hardware

why acer dont unlock the bios 2.17 to flash  the bios 1.13,

• IronFly

I replied to you.

it's just windows licensing.

You can install windows 8.1 on your factory windows 7 with BIOS 1.xx but you have to buy an upgrade license, if Acer unlock update to 2.xx BIOS, you can install windows 8.1 without paying for an upgrade and this is not a good thing for who bought your model with windows 8 as factory system.

1.xx has windows 7 serial key

2.xx has windows 8 serial key

it's why you can't update BIOS 1.x to 2.x, since you didn't get the license for windows 8 on 1.x BIOS PC.

1.xx has standard BIOS

2.xx has UEFI BIOS

http://community.acer.com/t5/Notebooks-Netbooks/BIOS-Update-quot-not-for-upgrades-quot/m-p/295362#M46790

• mahdi

my  windows now is 8.1 full version oem i buy whit licence and  genuine os but my bios still 1.13  legacy and i want to upgrade the bios to 2.17  but the bios 2.17 is locked   uefi is better than legacy new technology

thank you

• IronFly

You can't!

• mahdi

thank you very much for your opinon i appeciate your answer but if you are not expert you cant  say can or can't only acer can say can or can't

thank you

• IronFly

LOL

okay but it's not my opinion, it's an Acer employee answer:

http://community.acer.com/t5/Notebooks-Netbooks/BIOS-Update-quot-not-for-upgrades-quot/m-p/295362#M46790

read that thread.

• mahdi

my  windows now is 8.1 full version oem i buy whit licence and  genuine os but my bios still 1.13  legacy and i want to upgrade the bios to 2.17  but the bios 2.17 is locked   uefi is better than legacy new tecnology

my windows 8.1 is genuine not update or upgrade i dont have anymore windows 7  installed in my pc

please read well what i write

your answer is only for windows 8.1 update or upgrade my pc don't have anymore windows 7

• IronFly

i read it well.

i repeat

FACTORY installed windows 7 notebook MUST have 1.xx BIOS and CAN'T install 2.xx BIOS; so even if you upgraded your OS to windows 8.1, you CAN'T update the BIOS to 2.xx

BIOS - UEFI for Windows 8 (Not for Upgrades)

it means not installable on system with windows 7 from factory, upgraded to windows 8.x

• mahdi

this  is my windows installed in  my pc

WIN PRO 8.1 X64  ENGL INTL  1PK DSP 0EI DVD

• Blayn-Acer

Mahdi,

IronFly is correct. There is no way to upgrade the BIOS on your Windows 7 system to 2.17. Is there a particular problem you are having that is making you want to update the BIOS on the system?

• mahdi

this  is my windows installed in  my pc

WIN PRO 8.1 X64  ENGL INTL  1PK DSP 0EI DVD

• Blayn-Acer

I understand that you have loaded your own version of Windows, however, BIOS 2.17 was only designed for systems that shipped from the factory with Windows 8. I do not know of any way you would be able to update to BIOS 2.17 on your system that originally shipped with Windows 7.

Is there a specific reason you want to update the BIOS on this system?

• mahdi

of course  i have raison to upgrade the bios for the benefit of new technology  UEFI  because my bios now is legacy ,i know windows  8.1 work whit the bios 1.13 but is legacy  uefi bios is better than legacy

best regards mahdi

• Blayn-Acer
    Answer ✓

Ok. I understand your desire to utilize the latest technology. Unfortunately, there is not a way to upgrade a model that shipped with Legacy BIOS to EUFI. I apologize for any inconvenience.

• mahdi11
    mahdi11 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

You can install windows 8.1 on your factory windows 7 with BIOS 1.xx but you have to buy an upgrade license, if Acer unlock update to 2.xx BIOS, you can install windows 8.1 without paying for an upgrade and this is not a good thing for who bought your model with windows 8 as factory system.

where i buy an upgrade licence from acer to install bios 2.17

best regards 

waiting for answer