Hi! I have an Acer Aspire Switch 10 and I have problems with my audio/sound device. Please help.

Maria_Curada
Maria_Curada Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Just this morning, my sound devices were working fine. I could still hear sounds from it. Before shuting it down, I put the volume down to 0. When I opened it again this afternoon I couldn't hear any sound anymore. Please help! 

I have Apowersoft_AudioDevice, Intel SST Audio Device (WDM), and Realtek I2S Audio Codec. 

Best Answer

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

what's your switch10 model?

swx-xxx

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Maria_Curada

I have an Aspire Switch 10 SW5-012-17B2 model.

• IronFly

ok, right click on the speaker icon near the clock and select playback devices.

what devices are on list?

• Maria_Curada

There's Apowersoft_AudioDevice, Intel SST Audio Device (WDM), Lenovo-S210 Stereo, and MONDRAGON Stereo.
    (But the last two are both disconnected.)

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

press windows key logo + X

select Device manager

on device manager expand "sound, video game"

check if any yellow exclamation mark is present

double click on any available device and check in popup windows if device status is ok, or any error is present.

please also download and install this:

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Audio/Audio_Realtek_0.22_W81x86_A.zip?acerid=635430867545004346&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE%20SWITCH%2010&Step3=SW5-012&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

then reboot, raise volume and try to play any youtube video or audio file. 

• Maria_Curada

Thank you so much, IronFly! It's working now! It seems that it had problems with the Intel SST Audio Device. 

I've been looking everywhere for solutions for this. Thank you so much! 

I'll let you know if I have any problems in the future about it.

Thanks again! Smiley Very Happy

• IronFly

You welcome. Smiley Happy

Enjoy your Switch10

• jbar7
    jbar7 Member Posts: 9 New User

Hi Ironfly,

I have the exact same model and problem but when I double click on Intel SST Audio Device (WDM) (which has a yellow exclamation mark beside it), the message reads as the following:

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

I also tried to download and istall what you suggested but when I open it, it opens with Windows Photo Viewer and just says "Loading..." without change. 

Am I missing a step or is there another solution to this problem?

Thank you!

• szabomarci83
    szabomarci83 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

I have downloaded the zip file from the link in your post, run setup, restarted, but still does not work. Any idea?

Cheers,

Marton

• Jo3y_Jack
    Jo3y_Jack Member Posts: 1 New User

i got a acer aspire switch 10 E for my birthday but non of my speakers wont work. it says there working perfectly but theres no sound.

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]