Acer Aspire V5 121 Keyboard Problem

krishnanunni
krishnanunni Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi Guys

I own an acer aspire one v5-121 netbook ( 1 Ghz Amd Dual Core , 2 Gigs Ram , 500 GB HDD , 11.6" ) .

Some of the keys on the netbook are malfunctioning .

For example , pressing "Down Arrow" shows the digit "1" . So basically , one cannot move down a list of items in windows explorer using the down arrow - and it remains the same in all kinds of application - in the browser , while playing games etc .

Simlarly other keys like "Delete" and "Insert" are also malfunctioning . 

Another key that is working in an undesirable manner is the "Q" key . Whenever I use the Q key , for eg. in microsoft word , this "q" alphabet jumps to the starting position of the word which I were typing . 

So all this makes the netbook almost un-usable for academic needs & beats my purpose . 

Hope I can find the right solution to this problem here . THANKS IN ADVANCE

Answers

• Hello,

Have you tried with an USB external keyboard?

France
  • krishnanunni

I tried with a USB keyboard and its working just fine . No errors which I mentioned earlier . But the netbook's keyboard is still mal-functioning . 

• Hello,

The gamers solicit many theirs keyboards! Smiley Wink

Could you indicate me the exact model of your laptop (see label sticked on the lower cover)?

In which country do you live?

I'll give you the keyboard part number (not expensive).

Advise:

When you play a game, you can use an USB external keyboard. Like this, you'll keep more time your internal keyboard.

France
  • krishnanunni

Thanks for the reply , but this netbook's keyboard has not been used much . Just gave "gaming" as a sort of example for a different situation other than simple typing . 

Here is the model number from the back side of the netbook - Aspire V5 - 121 - C72G50abb . 

Can you make it clear what you mean by "keyboard part number" ?

• Hello,

P/N: NX.M82SG.001

Model: Aspire V5-121-C72G50abb

In which country do you live?

Note:

For example, the part number of US keyboard is:

KB.I100A.207 - KEYBOARD US-INTERNATIONAL ENGLISH 84K BLACK

France
  • krishnanunni

I live in India . Sorry for asking this again ( i know it sounds stupid ) , but does this mean that I have to give this part number some where and get my keyboard replaced ?

• Hello,

You can get it repaired from an Acer Service Center. In this case, you don't need the part number.

France