W510: battery drain fast and always full CPU speed

2»

Answers

• yumms
    yumms Member Posts: 10 New User
    I emailed Acer to see if the firmware can be downgraded, they stated there is no possible way to do that. They also said I can return the unit for repairs due to the broken firmware, and that I would need to pay for the shipping costs.

• jordant2
    jordant2 Member Posts: 5 New User

So does everyone recommend not updating to the latest firmware??? I get my tablet back from Acer soon after sending it in for repairs. They probably updated everything anyway though. I would be very disappointed to get it back and then have battery drain issues.

• yumms
    yumms Member Posts: 10 New User

Here's how I fixed the battery drain. I installed the older drivers for the chipset, graphics and wifi. These are located on the C drive in the OEM folder (C:\OEM\Preload\Autorun\DRV), then in device manager under firmware, go to properties - update drivers - browse computer for drivers - let me pick from the list and select 'system firmware'. This is the same thing you'll get if you do a system refresh.

This has stopped the battery drain for me.

• ssh
    ssh Member Posts: 10 New User

yumms, thanks for the solution.

Did you

1. installed the older drivers for the chipset, graphics and wifi, and then

2. in device manager under firmware, go to properties - update drivers - browse computer for drivers - let me pick from the list and select 'system firmware'

Or just

in device manager under firmware, go to properties - update drivers - browse computer for drivers - let me pick from the list and select 'system firmware', which will installed the older drivers>

Is there any version of 'system firmware' we need to select?

This discussion has been closed.