Aspire V3-371 Touchpad Freezing

2»

Answers

• snowbanche
    snowbanche Member Posts: 4 New User

So my mouse has been working correctly for a few days now with no freezing.  

These are the steps I performed:

1.) Update BIOS to Version 1.11

2.) From Device Manager -> Mice and other pointing devices menu,  right click HID-compliant mouse and select Uninstall.

3.) Use keyboard to restart computer. (Winkey + C) -> Settings -> Power -> Restart

The mouse driver was automatically reinstalled when the computer restarted and I haven't had any problems since. 

• julienb
    julienb Member Posts: 3 New User
    Oh really ? That's strange, i've been to the merchant who sold me the computer this morning to have it repaired, they took it and refunded me without asking for refund.
    After that, i talked to a salesman, he told me that acer said to stop selling this laptop even if they had still stock, so already sold computers would certainly be recalled.
    Corrected computers will certainly be soon available, but he don't know when !
    I'll tell you if i have news about this :-)
  • sauying
    sauying Member Posts: 5 New User

bro, thanks for the update ..

please follow for us ... is that ok ? because this is Hardware Failure which doesn't related to BIOS or DRVIER.

Anyway, who can we refer to regarding this problem ... i asked SHOP / Merchant, they doesn't know what's happening ...

Smiley Sad

• julienb
    julienb Member Posts: 3 New User
    Anyway, your computer isn't working properly and is under warranty, so you just take it back to your reseller and ask for a repair.
    He'll send it back to acer and you'll see what's next, refund or repair ! :-)