My Acer aspire 8920g boots up with Blank screen please can anyone help?

ali3
ali3 Member Posts: 2 New User

My Acer aspire 8920g screen has gone blank> The laptop boots up all lights on including acer logo on the lid but screen remains dark black. If i press fn +F6 the screen comes on for 2 to three seconds then goes black again. External monitor when connected shows same behaviour. Ive tried the draining bios power routine several times but still no luck. I am running windows vista 64 bit as operating system

Having trawled the web i see many people have had similar problem but cant seem to find a soloution.

Would be most grateful if any body can shed some light on the situation for me

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

hi...

Power OFF the computer by pressing the power button for 4 to 5 seconds.
    Restart the computer and then keep tapping F2 key to enter BIOS.
    Stay in BIOS screen for 3 to 5 minutes and check if the display goes blank.
    If the screen goes blank while in BIOS screen, this could be an hardware issue.
    If the screen does not go blank you may check by reloading the operating system.

• ali3
    ali3 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you for your advice. Howver my screen goesblank before i reach the bios. it used to flash on for a few seconds showing acer logo but now is blank the whole time from when i press the power button. Still comes on for a few seconds each time i hit FN + F6 then the Fn button, so i can see that it has bootted up to my desktop in full resoloution, so i am presuming its not a bios problem, I wondered if  this is symptomatic of a graphic card problem, and if so is there any steps i can take to eliminate other possible reasons for the screen only lighting up for a few seconds at a time when the Fn+ F6 keys are pressed.

I would be most grateful for any advice on the matter

This discussion has been closed.