wifi having limited connectivity after upgrade to windows 8.1

ukp1087
ukp1087 Member Posts: 6 New User

Hai Friends,

I am having a Acer E1-571 windows 8 laptop. Since after a recent upgradation to windows 8.1 my wifi is showing limited connectivity. But other devices connected to this router (D-Link) is having internet. My wireless adapter is Broadcom 802.11 adapter. I request the help of community members to solve this.

Thanks in advance

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

hi..

You may uninstall the broadcom driver in device manager and restote the driver using the Acer recovery management.

Use the following steps to reinstall a driver or application on your computer:

Press the Windows  key to open the Start screen.Type Recovery in the search box.
    Click Acer Recovery Management in the search results.
    Click Reinstall Drivers or Applications.
    On the Contents tab, locate the driver or application you wish to install and click the Install icon.
    Follow the prompts to install the driver or application.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer

Look in Device Manager for your wireless card model number and post here.

• ukp1087

The Driver is Broadcom 802.11n

The Hardware Ids are as follows

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_E042105B&REV_01
    PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_E042105B
    PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&CC_028000
    PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&CC_0280

Hope the details are enough.

• Sharanji

Hi...Smiley Happy

After upgrading to Windows 8.1 you may see the message "the connection is limited" when connecting to a wireless access point. The wireless performance is not affected but every time you connect to a new network it will display "limited".

Press and hold the Window logo key and tap X on your keyboard to open device manager.
    Expand Network Adapters and the name of the wireless adapter would be listed.

If your computer uses the wireless LAN card Intel N7260 WLAN, please update the driver to version 16.6.0.8. The new driver corrects the issue causing the message to appear.

• ukp1087

No the driver is not intel, its broadcom 802.11n

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer

Click your wireless connection icon in the taskbar, disconnect your wireless, then try re-connecting (tick connect automatically), if it asks for password then enter and connect.

Capture 115.JPG

• ukp1087

I tried it several times but no use.

• Lucas2014
    Lucas2014 ACE Posts: 567 Pioneer

blow a print device manager to solve your problem in

• ukp1087

Please I didnt understand

• Sharanji
    Answer ✓

hi..

You may uninstall the broadcom driver in device manager and restote the driver using the Acer recovery management.

Use the following steps to reinstall a driver or application on your computer:

Press the Windows  key to open the Start screen.Type Recovery in the search box.
    Click Acer Recovery Management in the search results.
    Click Reinstall Drivers or Applications.
    On the Contents tab, locate the driver or application you wish to install and click the Install icon.
    Follow the prompts to install the driver or application.

• ukp1087

Thanks my friend. That solved my problem.

• Tricky
    Tricky Member Posts: 8 New User
    I have followed your message, I have the same problem with an acer V5 573 and dlink router, but reinstalling the driver from recovery does not solve the problem.
    Perhaps you can tell me what driver you are using for the Broadcom adapter. Many thanks