Acer Aspire e1-531 fan problem

alex98me
alex98me Member Posts: 11 New User

Hi, i have an acer aspire e1-531 for quite some time now, but lately its been heating way too much

I had it cleaned, but it didn't solve anything

the fans run sooo slow even though i have it on active

Recently when i was playing in bios i found out the the fans work really well in there

Whenever the laptop started to heat up a little the fans would kick in at max power

That never happenens in windows at all. Fans are on active on all battery modes, but still nothing

I tried fanspeed, but it didn't recognize my fans

Anything i can do? 

Best Answer

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

It sounds like you have done quite a bit of testing and troubleshooting and not much else I would recommend. It may be a software issue and if that is the cause, I would recommend backing up your data and try performing a factory restore to see if this resolves the problem.

If the problem still persists or you have already tried a factory restore, there may be a hardware issue and I would recommend contacting technical support in your region.

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Answer ✓

It sounds like you have done quite a bit of testing and troubleshooting and not much else I would recommend. It may be a software issue and if that is the cause, I would recommend backing up your data and try performing a factory restore to see if this resolves the problem.

If the problem still persists or you have already tried a factory restore, there may be a hardware issue and I would recommend contacting technical support in your region.

• alex98me
    alex98me Member Posts: 11 New User

I'll try and contact the support for my area

Thank you

• vojvoda
    vojvoda Member Posts: 13 New User

Hi there

I believe that what you should do is to change thermal paste under the heatsinks over CPU and Graphics chips, considering your fans are running normaly but laptop still gets too hot

p.s.

Sorry for bad english

• Ryanrr

The above post is a great suggestion if you feel comfortable doing this, however if the heat has done its damage then even cleaning and changing the thermal paste may not be enough.

vojvoda,

Thank you very much for your reply and contribution to the community.

This discussion has been closed.