USB Driver for Iconia A1-830

AceMcVeer
AceMcVeer Member Posts: 3 New User

Why does the A1-830 not have a USB Driver available? Has anyone been able to get it to work with the driver for the 811? I bought this tablet specifically for testing and debugging apps so without a USB driver it's useless to me.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Do you need ADB drivers?

which OS?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • AceMcVeer

Yeah, the ADB drivers. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit on my desktop and Windows 8 64-bit on my laptop. I tried connecting as media device and camera and neither of the automatically installed drivers worked. I also tried installing the driver package for the Iconia A1-811 and that didn't work either.

• IronFly

MTP drivers must be installed automatically by Win7 or Win8.

about ADB Drivers, you need to install it manually on your OS:

Connect your A1-830 with ADB Debug ticked

On Win7-8 go to:

Device Manager

find the ADB interface, double click and click update drivers, browse my computer, let me pick from a list.

if you had Acer drivers installed you will find the Acer ADB drivers from the list, choose it and let the install end.

• AceMcVeer

I had tried to manually pick it before, but the drivers weren't showing up. The only option under ADB was for my Samsung S4 driver, I finally just selected that one as the driver and it worked. Maybe the Acer one won't install if I have the Samsung driver already installed? In any case it's working now so I'm able to debug! 

• IronFly

With manual method you must be able to see all the ADB available drivers not matter the brand.

You can also use the generic android drivers by google.

Glad you get it working.

• joedayz
    joedayz Member Posts: 1 New User

Today the driver show an error:

hash is not similar.....

What's the problem?

I have an id hardware:

USB\VID_0502&PID_3604&REV_????&MI_01
    USB\VID_0502&PID_3604&MI_01

Jose