c7 chromebook won't turn on

2»

Answers

• BarbLWashing
    BarbLWashing Member Posts: 1 New User

Where to start...I bought a Chromebook C710 for my son as a XMAS present and I flew out the end of December to give it to him.  Within 5 weeks, the Chromebook no longer powered on.  I followed all the steps people were posting and it came on once and then never again.  I then contacted warranty support and went through the whole process to have it returned for warranty repair.  After about a month, the Chromebook was returned and in the box no paperwork at all as to what was done and want was repaired.  Plugged it in and still nothing.  Chromebook would not turn on.  Contacted warranty support again and was told that I would have to wait 7-10 business days for the repair to show up in their system.  About two weeks went by and the repair stated that there was something wrong with the battery and the system was repaired.  I then received another UPS label and sent the Chromebook in for repair a second time.  Just received it back this past Friday, 18 April and guess what, doesn't power on.  Just spoke to the warranty repair and of course, I have to wait another 7-10 business days for the repair paperwork to show up in thier system before they can do anything.  This is absolutely ridiculous and I will never buy another ACER product again in my life.  This product only worked for such a short period of time and I am extremely disgusted with this whole mess and at this point I think this purchase is not going to be rectified and I am going to have to tell my son that he will never get this product repaired.  If anyone has any ideas...please let me know.

• aileen85
    aileen85 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi guys pls help me out. Have a chrome book c710, I removed the hardisk and format it to windows, now, when I returned back the hardisk of my chrome book,the screen went black, no display.. its been 3 weeks until now.. pls help me..
  • JacobD
    JacobD Member Posts: 1 New User

I'm having the same problem.  My chromebook was about a month old, and one day it just would not turn on.  It will show the blue power on light and run for about 3 seconds, then power down.  I tried the advice of Mr. Sharanji, and everything seemed to be going great.  It actually started up for a solid 30 seconds, and then crashed again.  Please help me...anyone.

• FF
    FF Member Posts: 1 New User

I tried the link to create a USB recovery drive, but because the Chromebook will not even power on, I was unsuccessful in entering the model number shown on the bottom of the Chromebook.

What might I do to just get the thing to turn on?  I've tried different wall outlets, with no different results.

Thank you for any help.