Acer 'UWA2' or equivalent USB WiFi Dongle for K137?

icebox
icebox Member Posts: 2 New User

I am interested in purchasing the Acer 'UWA2' USB WiFi dongle for use with the K137 projector as specified in the manual, but am unable to find it anywhere for purchase. I did find the model on shop.digitec.ch but I do not trust this retailer.

Is anyone aware of a location I could purchase this accessory or another compatible USB WiFi dongle from? Thanks for the help!

Best Answer

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

I'm sorry but, no I am not implying there is a built-in WiFi receiver. You inquired about a Acer UWA2 USB Wifi dongle and I advised that there is not one available currently in the US for purchase.

We should be offering the Acer MHL wireless adapter in the US for use with the projector, however I do not have an availability time frame for this adapter.

Answers

• Ryanrr

The dongle is optional and only currently available for purchase online. If you search for it via google.com you should get some results.

This dongle is not sold in the North America region.

• icebox
    icebox Member Posts: 2 New User

Hey Ryan,

Do you mean that the K137 has a built-in WiFi receiver? There are quite a few wireless features/functions that utilize wireless connectivity and I am currently unable to use any of them. Thanks.

• Ryanrr
    Answer ✓

I'm sorry but, no I am not implying there is a built-in WiFi receiver. You inquired about a Acer UWA2 USB Wifi dongle and I advised that there is not one available currently in the US for purchase.

We should be offering the Acer MHL wireless adapter in the US for use with the projector, however I do not have an availability time frame for this adapter.

• dodi1108
    dodi1108 Member Posts: 3 New User

any idea if one of the two adaptors works with K11 mini projector?

• Bsedor
    Bsedor Member Posts: 2 New User
    If anyone can provide a source for this adapter please post it here!

• Bsedor
    Bsedor Member Posts: 2 New User

I answered my own question!  You can purchase it here......http://www.notebooksolutions.ca/zc/acer-original-part-ac83731-69572.html

• farhankhalil
    farhankhalil Member Posts: 3 New User

Can someone from Acer confirm that part# AC83731 which is ACER UWA2 USB WIFI US TYPE DONGLE 802.11 A/B/G/N CH.1-11 UWA2 will work for projector Acer K137?

• farhankhalil

Unfortunately Acer representative did not reply so far....anyway I searched by myself and found that part# AC83731 is not compatiable with K137 because it is not North American model Smiley Sad Who will help us in this issue, we don't know.

• jtsongas
    jtsongas Member Posts: 3 New User

Just today, I was able to confirm that with the K137 you can use the Optoma BI-EXTBGN and the BenQ WDRT8192.  I have the Dell 331-2359 on order but suspect that will also work.  I will update this thread when I get the Dell one in.

Sorry, I know this is a little older original post but I wanted to add the information since I too was looking for the adapter just now and was able to find nothing.  Perhaps the next person will be helped with this information.

• farhankhalil

I already got Acer dongle from Germany www.beamershop24.net . Its working on K137 however it is not very efficient kind of link several times it get disconnected. Anyway as far as i am enjoying movies with my family without much wires thats ok. 

• jtsongas

I have now confirmed that the Dell 331-2359 also works with the Acer K137.  So, that three different wifi adapters which work and are readily available for purchase in the US.

• jtsongas

Yet another, the BenQ WDRL307 5J.J0614.A21 works just fine also.

This discussion has been closed.