Liquid E2 Duo V370 SIM Toolkit or Lycamobile issue?

2»

Answers

• phoenix
    phoenix Member Posts: 31 Die Hard WiFi Icon

Well I had a brainwave and wished I hadn't ! I use Titanium Backup, I thought that I would restore a copy of STK that was in there to see what would happen. Restore works fine - apart from one small problem, STK then seems to uninstall itself if the phone is powered off. I am new to TB but this is odd behaviour to me. Something else to look at but I can safely say I am getting a bit tired of odd behaviour on this phone. Some of it may be self inflicted but even so.....

• phoenix

I decided to reinstall from stock again as I was desperate and am now at the 32 level. The problem still remains. SIM works in any other phone, dual, dumb phones, and I think it might be time to look for a new phone unless Lycamobile pull their fingers out.

Are there any other forums where it might be worth posting this issue? I have used Google and done about every STK "fix" there is.

Thanks.

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Please excuse me, I may ask some questions which have already been answered, I just want to make sure we're covering everything.

1. 1 sim card works in either slot? This would eliminate a hardware issue with SIM slots themselves correct?
    2. Lycamobile doesn't work in either slot, but is working in other products?
    3. Do we have any other comments on a lycamobile SIM not working in the V370?
    4. Are we using tools outside of the base Acer V370 setup? Can you choose the sim for sending SMS or making a call? I just want to make sure another application couldn't be causing an issue.
  • phoenix

Thanks for replying. See answers below:

1. 1 sim card works in either slot? This would eliminate a hardware issue with SIM slots themselves correct?

The SIM card for Lycamobile works fine for calls/txt/data in either slot, other SIM cards work fine in either slot for the same. SIM toolkit for Lycamobile will not work in either slot with the "Application is not installed" message consistently being issued. I have tried SIMs from UK, US, and NZ, and the Lycamobile SIM consistently will not work with STK in either slot.

2.  Lycamobile doesn't work in either slot, but is working in other products?

Yes. The ZTE mentioned previously, and an old dumb Sony Ericcson K510i I can get to the STK for Lycamobile

3.  Do we have any other comments on a lycamobile SIM not working in the V370?

I wish we did ! Smiley Happy

4.  Are we using tools outside of the base Acer V370 setup? Can you choose the sim for sending SMS or making a call? I just want to make sure another application couldn't be causing an issue.

I can choose the SIM using the SIM Management->Default Settings to choose the SIM I want. I know of no other applications that I have that do anything with the SIM.

At the moment I am taking the ZTE with me in case I need to change anything. I have tried setting a SIM lock to see if that let me use STK for Lycamobile, no joy, I tried changing the permissions, no joy (changed them back to stock now).

This discussion has been closed.