Laptop won't shutdown after update to windows 8.1

Emiliospam
Emiliospam Member Posts: 3 New User

I have a new aspire E1-572G that won't shutdown completely over an update to windows 8.1

I've Updated the Bios and downloaded the drivers from the support site.

I've done a recovery to default factory settings and tried again......no luck

I installed windows 8.1 after i installed al windows updates.

I have no idea left how to fix this! 

Any suggetions are welkom...

Best Answer

• Emiliospam
    Answer ✓

Found it! why are there two  displayadapters in this laptop?

I removed the intel one and rebooted. windows dectected the intel displayadapter again.....problem solved!

Answers

• Emiliospam

By the way the laptop has no problems in windows 8

• Emiliospam
    Answer ✓

Found it! why are there two  displayadapters in this laptop?

I removed the intel one and rebooted. windows dectected the intel displayadapter again.....problem solved!

• nessalarm
    nessalarm Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi .. I have the same model. Aspire E1-572G and same problem. Updated to Windows 8.1 and the notebook won't shutdown completely. After I uninstall the Intel Graphic Card from the system, the PC can shutdown completely. But now AMD is reporting no Graphic Card driver installed or it's not working properly. Painful ..

• nessalarm
    nessalarm Member Posts: 2 New User

Tried many things on this problem including updating both Intel + AMD drivers etc and nothing works for me. Finally, after reading further, I found that disabling Fast Startup in Windows 8.1 actually works.

Here's a simple guide - http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-disable-or-enable-fast-startup-in-windows-8-1/ and hope it helps other users having the same problem.

Now I can shutdown completely. Really annoyed because I had to spend like almost the entire day troubleshooting this issue. I don't know if it's Intel / Acer / Microsoft problem but certainly we as users suffer for it.

• sq4rs
    sq4rs Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi,

I have 1 week old Acer E1 572g and experienced this problem also on the 6th day.

Also, I spended half day trying to fix this problem until I found your solution to turn off the fast startup and found out that it solves also the problem about the indicator lights are still on after shutting down my laptop.

Thanks for the info.

• DasAutoMau5
    DasAutoMau5 Member Posts: 1 New User

Thanks,this is the only thing that worked for me!,finally after months my Laptop is working fine!.Smiley Happy