Bluetooth problems Windows 8.1 Acer Aspire V5-572P

sac17
sac17 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hey all,
First time posting here. I got my laptop a week ago and the bluetooth won't work. I did a system refresh and it connected on windows 8, but once I updated to 8.1 it stopped connecting. My devices pair, connect, and then about 2 seconds later they disconnect. 

I tried a system refresh. I tried uninstalling the drivers (Bluetooth device personal area network, bluetooth device RFCOMM protocol, Qualcomm atheros network adapter) and reinstalling the Atheros driver. Did not work. I have talked to 4 acer representives and the last one said I should send it back because it sounds like a hardware problem (is quality control that bad where there would be a hardware problem after a week of use?) I don't want to go through the hassle of returning it. I am convinced it is a windows 8.1 issue, as it worked with windows 8. Anyone else have this problem and/or a solution? 
Thanks

Answers

• Acer-Blayn
    Acer-Blayn Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

When you loaded Windows 8.1, did you load the Atheros driver version 8.0.1.305? Did you try installing all Windows updates to see if that may help?

• sac17

The latest driver available online is Atheros 8.0.0000.0200. How do I update to the newest one you listed?

• Acer-Blayn
    Acer-Blayn Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

You have to Select Windows 8.1 from the operating system drop down menu. I am including a direct link to the driver below. I hope this resolves your issues.

Link to driver 8.0.1.305

• sac17

Yes! Solved. I did not notice that drop down to select Windows 8.1, and somehow the 4 representatives I spoke to on the phone did not clue me in on that. Thanks for YOUR help though.

This discussion has been closed.