Acer C710 CHROMEBOOK BLINKING SCREEN

MHUF1
MHUF1 Member Posts: 7 New User

JUST PURCHASED FOR MY GRANDDAUGHTER NOV 2013 FOR CHRISTMAS.  SHE HAS USED ONLY SINCE

DEC 25TH. NOW, SCREEN STARTED BLINKING/FLICKERING, THEN SHUT OFF.  BATTERY WAS REMOVED

AND PUT BACK IN, COMPUTER IS CHARGED, BUT WHEN OPENED, SCREEN COMES ON THEN BLINKS AND

TOTALLY SHUTS OFF!  CAN SOME ONE GIVE ME AN IDEA OF WHAT THE PROBLEM IS?  THIS WAS A REFURBISHED

COMPUTER, ACER SITE WOULD NOT LET ME REGISTER EVEN WHEN I FIRST BOUGHT IT, SAID IT WAS OUT OF

WARRANTY!  I JUST PURCHASED IT NOV 12 2013!  HELP!

Answers

• bonster
    bonster Member Posts: 1 New User
    yup.. do esc refresh and hit the power button.. it most likely is going to tell u that its missing operating system.. sending mine off to be fixed.. only had mine a month! Smiley Sad
  • maskill6
    maskill6 Member Posts: 9 New User

Did you try to do the USB recovery?  I was told to try that before sending it in.  Here is the link customer service gave me when i called them this morning

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27646

After talking to them, they told me the USB recovery SHOULD work.  I made the recovery USB and installed it.  Haven't had a chance to get it completely set up yet, but it did get to the orignal start up screen

• MHUF1
    MHUF1 Member Posts: 7 New User

Where do you get a Chromebook USB recovery flashdrive?  It did not come with one.  

• maskill6
    maskill6 Member Posts: 9 New User

You will have to create one with another computer (Windows, Linux, etc.) To create one, you have to make sure you have a USB flash drive (or SD card) that is at least 4GB.  Also, you should make sure nothing is on the drive you will use as it is going to be reformatted.  

I think the posted the link in a previous message.

If you are using windows, save the .exe file to your USB drive and just double click the link.  The reinstall process takes about 10 minutes to do.  

This discussion has been closed.