How can I get a Caps Lock indicator to show on my Aspire E1 571?

djmpne
djmpne Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

I can't see any indicator to show if Caps Lock or Number Lock is on. There are no LEDs on the keyboard, the function key brings up a notification on screen but not caps or num lock.

Thanks

Best Answer

• Aztek
    Aztek Member Posts: 4 New User
    Answer ✓

When I got my Acer Aspire it had Win 8 installed, which I down graded to Win 7 64 bit, as it was to do with my MCSA Course work.
    I originally had the same issue couldn't see when Caps-Lock was on/off. after searching the web including Acer direct,I found this Driver Dritek it's direct from Acer so should be clear of viruses and the like, though this version is newer than the one I have (as below), so if it donesn't work, you can click on the other link and install that..!

This is the driver packaged I have: LaunchManager_Dritek_5.1.15_W7x86W7x64_A

Both drivers are free to use..! Once installed it should look like this..

Caps lock on.jpgCaps lock off.jpg

Answers

• karpolan
    karpolan Member Posts: 4 New User

You can use 3rd party software Cat Very Happy

Free: Keyboard LEDs

Cool: Caps Lock Indicator

• tomcarr
    tomcarr Member Posts: 1 New User

The subject sets the question

• KARLDONNELLY
    KARLDONNELLY Member Posts: 1 New User

How can I get a Caps Lock indicator to show on my Aspire 5742z

• shivmobile
    shivmobile Member Posts: 1 New User
  • n2gc
    n2gc Member Posts: 104 Troubleshooter

I use this software. It places on the taskbar either a green checkmark when caps is on or a red X when caps is

off. It will also beep when a certain number of letters are typed in when CAPS is on. Very simple

program and virus free. I have it on all 6 of my units and it simply works great.

http://www.georgejopling.co.uk/capslock/capslock.html

• JOELKAMENOFF
    JOELKAMENOFF Member Posts: 1 New User

if you hold the NUM LOCK key for 5 seconds then a sound will play when you hit the caps lock key.. this helped  but then i downloaded the keyboard LEDs third party software and now a CAPS LOCK ON /OFF shows on the screen.. so much better .. i almost was ready to chuck in the trash the laptop

silly this is not included with this acer

• houston0
    houston0 Member Posts: 1 New User

Thank you!  Keyboard LED is great. Simple to install and does exactly what I need.

• annie49
    annie49 Member Posts: 1 New User

Thanks soooooo much, works on my olddddddd  Acer and have put it on my hubby's new Dell.

We oldies need as much help as we can these days ....   as long as I know the difference between the caps lock beeping at me and my heart pace maker  Woman Very Happy

• computer-wiz
    computer-wiz Member Posts: 1 New User

I wanted to know the answer and found this solution when trawlling though the official aer site:

This article only applies to: Windows 8

When pressing the Num Lock or Caps Lock on your keyboard, there is no notification to indicate the status. The on-screen indicators for Num Lock and Caps Lock are not available in Windows 8.

Instead, it is possible to activate a beep signal when the key is pressed:

1. Press theWindows () key to open the Start screen.. Type Control and select Control Panel.
    2. In the Control Panel, selectEase of Access.
    3. SelectChange how your keyboard works.
    4. EnableTurn on Toggle Keys.
    5. Click or tapOK to save the changes.

• ltop13dv
    ltop13dv Member Posts: 7 New User

I have an Aspire E5-411...  I like many others am experiencing the same issue.  A "sound" notification would not help me.  I went to the Windows 8.1 help site and saw someone ask the very same question about his Acer a few months ago.  The Rep. at the Windows site told him that that feature was locked and he would have to contact his OEM (in this case Acer) how this feature could be unlocked.  Is this true?  I need to be able to see a caps lock notification. 

• ltop13dv
    ltop13dv Member Posts: 7 New User

I discovered this on my Aspire E5-411.  One "can" get a visual notification via a Acer app- Acer quick access.  just turn on the notification keys option....  tried to get a screen shot but its not very "quick" today.  If you hit the cap lock key a capitol A inside a lock pops up on the screen (for only a few seconds but big enough that you can see it. 

This is in Windows 8.1 but it gives credence to the statement i made earlier that one has to find how the OEM, acer, set it up....

• arockiasamy1954
    arockiasamy1954 Member Posts: 1 New User

When I purchased one year back, alog sign came for lock and unlockcondition, now itis stopped.I totally confuse whether caps are lock or unlock,pls.let me tell is there any setup in my loptop?

• Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an Aspire E5 531 (Windows 7) after trying all the suggestions I could find, I ended up opening Acer's eRecovery Management. I clicked 'Restore' on the left-hand side and then clicked on 'Reinstall Drivers and Applications'. After clicking 'Contents', I reinstalled Acer Launch Manager (Launch Manager v7). Once it finished and I restarted my laptop the Caps Lock Indicator was working again. I hope this helps. Smiley Happy

• CrystalTuts
    CrystalTuts Member Posts: 2 New User

I know this threa is old but here is how to resolve that problem in windows 7 8 8.1 10... I made a video to explain how. It's simple..
    https://youtu.be/Xy2DaebGi8E

• Aztek
    Aztek Member Posts: 4 New User
    Answer ✓

When I got my Acer Aspire it had Win 8 installed, which I down graded to Win 7 64 bit, as it was to do with my MCSA Course work.
    I originally had the same issue couldn't see when Caps-Lock was on/off. after searching the web including Acer direct,I found this Driver Dritek it's direct from Acer so should be clear of viruses and the like, though this version is newer than the one I have (as below), so if it donesn't work, you can click on the other link and install that..!

This is the driver packaged I have: LaunchManager_Dritek_5.1.15_W7x86W7x64_A

Both drivers are free to use..! Once installed it should look like this..

Caps lock on.jpgCaps lock off.jpg

• Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you! This worked for my Acer Aspire E1 571 laptop that's running Win 10. Smiley Very Happy

• southCarolina
    southCarolina Member Posts: 2 New User

Try a free program called Keyboard LEDs, I'm using it on my V3-772G WIN 8.1, no problems.

http://keyboard-leds.com/download/

• CapsLock
    CapsLock Member Posts: 1 New User

I also have this issue with my third party keyboard and done a lot of research on Google and found a way to notify when my Caps Lock is pressed which is an awesome thing to me and for you also.

The way to get notify is that you can get a beep sound when you pressed Caps Lock but do note that this trick only works on windows operating systems like Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10.

So, here is that article I found in my research to make settings in your Windows OS to get notify when you pressed Caps Lock: Enable Caps Lock Indicator or Notification in Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10

• vicky1shiv
    vicky1shiv Member Posts: 1 New User

Aspire E5-573G ,how to billing caplocks light for windows 7

• southCarolina
    southCarolina Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks, works great!!!!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.