Aspire One battery

dario1
dario1 Member Posts: 1 New User

I am an owner of netbook Acer Aspire One D250-1Br. Recently I ordered new battery for my netbook. Old

(original) battery was smaller and weaker (UM08A41 11.1V, 2200mh, 25W) but it was completely depleted. New

battery is twice bigger and stronger (YALL-2013-9, YALL-S1107, 5200mAh/58W) and perfectly fits into laptop.

But battery stays always on 67%, battery indicator in Win7 shows this "67& available (plugged in, not charging)". Orange LED is blinking constantly.
I have original LITEON charger model PA-1300-04 with input 100-240V, 50-60Hz, 1.0A and output 19V, 1.58A.

What is solution for this uncomplete charging? I flashed BIOS on netbook and now is 1.29.

Answers

• Clyde
    Clyde Member, Knowledge Author Posts: 420 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Did you order your new battery from Acer? You can try completely depleting the battery, then fully charging, and repeating this process several times. How long does the battery last on a 67% charge?

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Dario, try Clyde's suggesting first. If it doesn't work, it is possible that your battery is sending conflicting signals to your laptop. Remember that it is not identical to the battery that is designed for your rig.

This discussion has been closed.