How can i downgrade my Laptop step by step to Win 7?

Nickacer
Nickacer Member Posts: 3 New User
Hello guys,
I got an acer laptop V3-772G 747a model, which i bought it last week. I am pretty happy with the hardware but the windows 8 that the laptop came with is just useless.
Anyway, i decide to downgrade it to windows 7 as i was happy using this version on my desktop. I try two days now to make just a simple format and it seems i try to hack nasa's computer.
What i have done exactly:
1. backing up driver.
2. Enable F12 menu in bios
3. Disable security mode by setting up password and delete it afterwards.
4. Disable network boot.
5. Setting first device the cd rom and second my usb stick
6. Setting bios to Legacy .
For each step i save and i reboot. When i do the last reboot, comes up the booting menu by pressing F 12 and when i choose to boot from the cd rom or from usb stick it comes the "no booting device massage"
Any suggestions or recommendations on that???
Thank u very much for ur time in advance !!!

Answers

• ben_berg
    ben_berg Member Posts: 13 New User

Hope you found a solution in the meantime, if not, you should redo all the steps exactly like I described in my post.

You do not need to set the cdrom or usb as boot device in the bios, use the normal settings (ssd, hdd, cdrom, usb...)

because you can choose the boot device by the F12 key. That you have a "no booting device" message makes me

think that maybe the "legacy bios" boot setting in the bios was not saved correctly. It's tricky...

• Nickacer
    Nickacer Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hello buddy,
    The only way to boot from somewhere is just to have the UEFI enable.
    When i try the legacy option, its a dead end. I did exactly the steps as i describe in the previous comment. Nothing at all! I even run the UEFI enabled and just the secure boot disabled the intallation cd and then the command clean all on the point that systams ask where to intall the fresh windows copy and again i couldnt coz i did t have the rights. And i run the command promt as administrator.
    Any help ???any ideas anyone???
This discussion has been closed.