Acer Aspire E1-531 lid cracking noise

NickMc
NickMc Member Posts: 1 New User

I bought this brand new laptop about 2 months ago from an Officeworks store and was really annoyed at first because when I got home 4 of the keys didn't even work! anyway, I took it back and got a replacement the same day. Other than that I've been extremly happy and have been hoping this laptop would last me a long while considering what a paid for it. Now to the point, recently when I close and open the lid I can hear this one time click noise coming from the left side of the computer. I think its coming from the hinge. I take care of the laptop. I haven't dropped it or anything. Should I be worried? I'm worried if I leave it the problem will just get worse.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer

Simply try applying gentle finger pressure on the plastic components around the hinge area, above the keyboard and the screen bezel. An interlock might've popped loose. You sometimes can hear a click when it goes back into place.

Another recommendation --- refrain from the habit of opening and closing the screen lid every time you get up and leave the laptop for a few minuts unless it's really necessary. The ribbon/cable for the screen and camera takes a tortuous, tight path through the hinge area and is stressed every time the lid is opened and closed. It will eventually lead to intermittent or permanent cable failure --- like one of the causes for the infamous laptop blackscreen problem or an inoperable webcam.

Jack E/NJ     

Jack E/NJ

This discussion has been closed.