Unable to access internet with Iconia B1

Mary1
Mary1 Member Posts: 1 New User

My son Edward just got me an new ACER TABLET (Iconia B1) I'm try to access to the Internet but having trouble with it also my son seem to be unable to get to work. We tried resetting it,and following the Instruction, checked the router. But nothing works, do I need to send it back or what???

Answers

• roadwarrior796
    roadwarrior796 Member Posts: 273 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Mary, does your tablet see your wireless network, it should prompt you to connect once it sees the network. Go to settings, wireless networks, then touch " scan", the tablet should see your network.

• Mike1P
    Mike1P Member Posts: 3 New User

My new tablet is Iconia. I have not yet managed to get anywhere as it cannot authenticate WIFI connection. It finds my BT Broadband wireless hub with the correct identity. It says that it has an excellent signal strength. When it tries to connect it fails with the message "authentication problem". Without the internet connection nothing else functions - except for the camera which seems to have very poor resoluton.

• roadwarrior796

Authentication problem usually means a mistake with the router wireless key, have you double checked upper/lower case, numbers etc. There is can outside chance too that your encryption is at fault, IE WEP rather than WPA/PSK which some tablets prefer.

• Mike1P

When I try to connect to the internet the SSID for the network is found and established on the tablet with no input required and matches my home hub. The question of entering the wireless key has not yet arisen as it does not ask for the key and I've been unable to find an option where this can be entered.

• roadwarrior796

Mike all that's happening is that the tablet is seeing the network but not allowing the " handshake" protocol, recommend you go to settings then WiFi, identify your network and ask the tablet to forget the network, rescan and hopefully the box will pop up for you to enter the wireless key.

• Mike1P

Many thanks Roadwarrior - it worked. Simple but effective.

• roadwarrior796

No worries, you are welcome.

This discussion has been closed.