Iconia Tab W500 Restore from disk process problems.

nrector
nrector Member Posts: 1 New User

I am attempting a restore from disk on an Iconia tab W500. I get an error of insufficient space for temporary files. Process halts. Has anyone encountered this? What options do I have?

Answers

• Richard72
    Richard72 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Go into Windows Explorer and delete all of your documents, music, videos and other personal files. Empty the recycle bin. Uninstall all large programs that you have installed. Run disk cleanup and remove all temp files and empty the browser cache. That should open up space to enable you to restore your W500.
  • Grecia
    Grecia Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have deleted the 36GB partition, recreated it and formatted. It still says there is not enough space. I called the order line and they indicate it is the correct media. No refunds. Call support (for a fee). Suggestions?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

Are you manually setting up the partition or letting the restore/install process set it up for you? It could be a matter of the restore expecting a small partition that is not there. My W700 has three tiny partitions (100-400MB) and the main partition.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
This discussion has been closed.