Acer V5 571PG alt f10 not working

Carln
Carln Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Just got my brand new aspire v5 i7 model. Want to reset to repartition the main drive but alt F10 not working. Have tried many options/combinations of hitting alt f10, tried holding alt, pressing f10 repeatedly: erecovery is just not coming up. very frustrated.

Best Answer

• Carln

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Luckily was able to restart fom win8 settings to reset to factory and from there choose 'some' options... Have been able to shrink the volume down after that.

Created an image of c: and a boot up disk using Acer Backup - still,it would be nice if alt F10 worked!

Answers

• Carln

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Luckily was able to restart fom win8 settings to reset to factory and from there choose 'some' options... Have been able to shrink the volume down after that.

Created an image of c: and a boot up disk using Acer Backup - still,it would be nice if alt F10 worked!
  • PEUP
    PEUP Member Posts: 1 New User

Have just now solved this issue my self and want to share on how I did, my model is Acer aspire V5 873G, after an installation of a securityprogram that required an reeboot for complete installation, the laptop did not boot, neither did alt+F10 work at all. My working Solution:

Benith the laptop there is a very tiny hole where you can use a pin needle to compleately clear all power from the system, after two attemps I managed to get alt+F10 to work, since it then booted more normally, did a complete "zeroing", by pressing the powerbutton, While reseting with the pin needle, at my second attempt, and it seems to be working, as for now, I am dooing a factory reset to remove any corrupt file and or script.

Could not find any solutions on the web, and found this out on my own, I hope this will help someone else with simular problems, the system is very rigid, and with few other options as I see it.

This discussion has been closed.