Transfer videos from pc to tablet.

cardkleener
cardkleener Member Posts: 5 New User

I have an Acer Iconia A1 810 tablet.

On my pc I am running. Google Chrome, WIndows XP.

I have installed the USB driver on the pc. When I connect the Tablet to the pc it recognizes it as a camera. On the tablet it also says connected as a camera. I am able to transfer pics from tablet to pc. I cannot transfer videos to tablet from pc. I don't know what I am doing wrong or why the pc is not recognizing the tablet as a tablet and as a camera.

I tried dragging the video to the "camera" (as that's what the pc calls it) it will not allow me to.

Now I did plug the tablet into the pc usb port before knowing that I had to install a driver for it. Did I mess something up by doing so? Do I have to reset something to reverse that?

I'm sorry I am not very technical. I need to be spoon fed. I have searched the forums for the same type of problem and only found solutions for installing the driver on the pc. Please help!!!

Answers

• Charitha
    Charitha Member Posts: 131 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Hi,

I think the esast way for you transfer the Videos by using USB flash drive or External USB HDD. Hope this will help you.

Thanks & All the Best Smiley Happy

• cardkleener

OK I'll try that when I have the time. With christmas here i'm a tad busy. I'll keep you posted. Tks!

• HsinHung_Yu
    HsinHung_Yu Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

1. Make your tablet as FTP server by installing "FTP server" from Google Play Store and make your PC as FTP client by installing FileZilla.

2. Connect both devices to the same wireless network.

3. Run "FTP server" from the tablet, it will show you the IP address, username and password.  Normally, I would do a bit of setting by putting the default folder to top ('/') so that would be able to go down to SD Card (normally, as folder named "Removable").
    4. Run FTP client (FileZilla) and enter the IP address, username and password as shown in "FTP server" application on the tablet.
    5. On the left side, would be files in your PC; while, on the right side are the files in the tablet.  You can drag and drop from left to right; or vice versa.

• cardkleener

Ok I'll try that. I'm away for two weeks. Will let you know. Thanks

This discussion has been closed.