Iconia B1-A71 Stuck on "Iconia" in boot, will not update firmware etc.

nicholasjenkin
nicholasjenkin Member Posts: 2 New User

Basically, I woke up to find that my Iconia B1-A71 would not boot past the "Iconia" logo on screen.

I have tried to update the firmware, but i get the "Installation aborted" error for the firmware on the acer website, and get the partition error for the stock firmware downloaded elsewhere. My problem is, i cannot install the Partition error patch without getting past the boot sequence, but the tablet will not boot past the Iconia logo screen. I tried to install the partiton error patch through recovery, but got the same "Installation aborted" error. I have tried restoring it via recovery, but no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

hi...

You may try to perfrom a factroy data reset :

1. Power off the tablet.
    2. Press and hold the Volume up button, which is located closest to the touch screen lock switch.
    3. With the Volume up button held, press and hold the Power button for 3 seconds then release it. Continue holding the Volume up button.
    4. Once the tablet screen turns on, release the Volume up button.
    5. On the Select Boot Mode screen, select [SD Image Update Mode]. Use the Volume up and Volume down keys to navigate through the menus and use the Power button to select the desired option.
    6. On the Android system recovery screen, select wipe data/factory reset.
    7. When prompted to Confirm wipe of all user data, select Yes -- delete all user data.
    8. On the Android system recovery screen, select reboot system now. Your data will be erased.
    9. Your tablet will reboot and go to the Welcome screen. Follow the onscreen steps to setup your tablet.

If you have a unit from US or Canada, you may also live chat with an Acer technician at : Acer live chat

If you have purchased the computer in any other country, you may contact Acer support here : Acer Global Support

• nicholasjenkin
    nicholasjenkin Member Posts: 2 New User

No luck with the factory reset, reboot still gets stuck on the "Iconia" logo, anything else you can think of?

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

Hi..

If you have a unit from US or Canada, you may also live chat with an Acer technician at : Acer live chat

If you have purchased the computer in any other country, you may contact Acer support here : Acer Global Support

This discussion has been closed.