My Acer Iconia B1 won't boot

chinpui
chinpui Member Posts: 2 New User

I charged my Acer Iconia Tab B1-A71 for 7 hours. I used it for about 30 minutes then I stopped for awhile. When I used it again, the screen is black. I don't know if it is turned off. I pressed the power button but won't turn on. I also tried pressing it for 1 minute but no luck. Any help please? I just got this tab 2 days ago.

Answers

• idham
    idham Member Posts: 8 New User
    well, you're not alone mate, me happened like that too, while browsing apps suddenly it slowed down and then freeze. i switched off and turned it on again, but no luck! me just bought it a week ago. (~_~Smiley Wink help please..
  • idham
    updated. i found the solution just simple by checking the manual. near on/off button there's a hole, and that hole is inteded to reset the freeze device. hold it down until 10 secs max, and then try again to swicth on the on/off button. it works for me. all my data and apps are still exist! ♪( ´▽`) cheers!
  • vishesh
    vishesh Member Posts: 3 New User

WHAT DID U INSERT INTO THAT RESET PINHOLE ??

• idham

hi there, i was using my simcard eject tool into that hole. insert that for about few seconds and try to press on/off button again. (my other phone is iphone, and it has a simcard eject tool) it was work for me on that day. Smiley Wink 

• idham

please try my finding mate. cheers.

• KayneS1
    KayneS1 Member Posts: 1 New User

Thank You SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Much. I didnt use that pin but a wierd thooth pick. But cheers. I help down for 10 secs exact. Then waited 5 secs then i pressed the on/off button, it worked. 

• mary_wallis88
    mary_wallis88 Member Posts: 1 New User

hi i wonder if someone can help me, my acer tablet wont turn on and treid resetting it but still not changed

• idham
    hi there mary, i just wondering, what do you mean by "your tablet won't turn on"? what acer tablet is that? and may i know how did you do the reset before? tell me more the details. Smiley Happy
  • dhea
    dhea Member Posts: 2 New User
    hi my iconia b1 wont turn on. I've been charging it for approximately 10hrs but still i cant turn it on.im running out of battery thenn i watched a video then it shut down. thats what happened before my tablet wont turn on. what will i do? help please.
  • idham
    please try inserting a pin key into a hole at the right side. insert it and wait till 10sec, remove it, and 3sec later try to on/off it again. i hope it will work for you, coz mine did that and success. Smiley Happy
  • dhea
    dhea Member Posts: 2 New User
    its sill not working!!!! help Smiley Sad
  • annepiie
    annepiie Member Posts: 1 New User

that happened to me too, now i cant open my iconia B1. when i checked my tablet yesterday morning its all black. so i think its empty batt. but when i charge it, cant open. i know when slept last last night my battery is 71%. what should i do? please help. i tried also to reset but its not working Smiley Sad

• LimitlessKB
    LimitlessKB Member Posts: 1 New User

I suggest you take your Iconia B1 to an authorized acer service centre. They would be able to fix this problem for you, free if your B1 is still under warranty.

• Elizabeth210
    Elizabeth210 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi how do I tell what icon my tablet is and it won't turn on or charge can u help and I don't know what the charger looks like cause it's been along time since I've seen my tablet any help please
  • Adel_90
    Adel_90 Member Posts: 1 New User

thank you so much! it worked for me.

This discussion has been closed.