Acer Aspire V3 772G screen issue

FloFlow
FloFlow Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi all,

I have a problem with my Acer Aspire V3 772G's screen.

My screen have a "twinkle" effect or "scanning" effet, its very disappointing, and it occur especialy on uni-color background, especialy again on grey background.
I have send my laptop to Acer's repair service, they have changed the lcd cable, but it didnt change anything.

I'm not alone with this issue, i know that a lot of people who have bought this laptop in my country (France) have the same problem, and we all dont know what to do with this. Drivers and BIOS are all uptodate.
We are very disappointed by Acer on this product. It cost around 1000€ so...

Here a video which describe the issue. We can see a comparaison with my other screen, and there is no problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_dCepkPHUg&feature=youtu.be

What can i do more?

PS : sorry for my english Smiley Happy

Answers

• bekshind
    bekshind Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter

Hi

Well I red all a cross this forum and there are a lot of people having problems with this notebook, all I can say that I got mine from newegg, it was V3-772G-9821 with windows 8 and BIOS v1.08, it was working perfectly without any problem. I installed aditional SSD (samsung 120 Gb) for windows and applications, again without problem, then installed fresh copy of windows 8 without bloatware, and upgrade it to 8.1, again without problem. All I can say that I'm very happy with this rig. A lot of problems that people are having, in my opinion, is conected with poor BIOS, and I'm not upgrading mine because 1.08 is rock solid for me, I don't know if you tried this version of BIOS, maybe it's not solution for you, but you can try it, ofcourse there are some risks...

Hope it helps!

• mazen
    mazen Member Posts: 57 New User

Hi, acer should check the screen cables setting in the lid base. i had the same problem with my sony F11, i solved it by tighting the lid base cable and the screen cable so they are not loose. I have v3 771 series and still as a rock(almost 1 year old)

Good Luck

• FloFlow

I called the hotline and i will send it again tomorow, lets see...

• FloFlow

Well, the computer is back from Acer's repair center a second time, they have changed the processor (i realy dont know why), and of course the screen issue is still here.
    I dont know what i can do else, send it one more time? It's very frustrating...

This discussion has been closed.