Iconia W510 WiFi issues

2»

Answers

• Spinozaii
    Spinozaii Member Posts: 5 New User

<My question here is, did you had any problem with the touchpad before the complete reset? Did the reset fixed it?>

Well, I,m not really sure, but I think so. The problem before resetting was that the touchpad did not move the cursor either sidewerts or up/down, it was like stuck to a part of the screen. This problem seems to be gone after the reset. But it still sometimes seem to be a bit lazy on certain homepages, like some homepages seems to have problems with scroll with fingers on the screen. (Instead the text and pictures on the homepage gets marked). I,m not sure if this has anything to do with the specific computer - or it is a problem between how a homepage is programmed and touchscreens in general.

But comparet to how the touchpad worked before and after the reset it is much better now. 

• snoopy1492
    snoopy1492 Member Posts: 21

Tinkerer

Thanks! I will try a reinstall then, even if it pains me to reinstall all my non-windows store apps.

But in my box there was no DVD so I guess I have to use the recovery partition... I'll see what I can do...

• Spinozaii
    Spinozaii Member Posts: 5 New User

snoopy1492 > I really hope you can succeed a reinstall from the hidden partition then. I had to use the dvd's because it was impossible to restore from the local disk. I wonder how that's possible actually, because the hidden disk is only on 400 mb. And the total install is around 16 gb. from the dvd's.

But your version might be different, is it with 64 gb. harddisk? (mine is 32 gb, and it might be a space issue that the hidden partition is so small and there's a dvd pack included)

I have not experienced any problems yet, but I wonder about one thing. When I reinstalled from the DVD's there were several differences than the setup preinstalled from factory. For an example, after installing from DVD's a lot of apps were not preinstalled, the power setup was different, some of the interface looked different. 

I wonder if anyone have installed the driver pack from Acer just after the computer was powered up the first time? And if they experience the same problems? I,m beginning to suspect the preinstalled installation from Acer factory to be borked since so many things have changed (to the better) on my machine after installing manually from the DVD's. 

But in a few days I will start updating Windows 8, if the problems return I'll know why......

• snoopy1492
    snoopy1492 Member Posts: 21

Tinkerer

Yep i've got the 64gb version so I got a complete recovery partition (11gb), I'm not 100% sure i'll do a recovery because I remembered that I had touchpad issues in the bios so I don't see how a reinstallation of windows would fix that...
This discussion has been closed.