acer A500 power switch

sivaramrb901
sivaramrb901 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, Just wanted to know the procedure to replace ACER Iconia A500 power switch replacement centre in Bangalore

Answers

• freeza
    freeza Member Posts: 1,316 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Good day

The power switch button is embedded on the mainboard. Whats wrong with the button?

Regards,

Freeza

• Dkan
    Dkan Member Posts: 2 New User
    I am having issues too with my A500 power button. I am able to turn it on and off by pressing at an angle with a pen cap but would like to know if this power button is a regular issue?
  • Dkan
    Dkan Member Posts: 2 New User

Just talked with ACER, and was told that it would be $199 just to send it in to get it fixed.  The A500 has not even been out of the box for a year (gift 12/25/11) and they will not stand by their warranty of one year. It is unbelievable that as a company they still exist.  It is a power button and they can't even make one that lasts more than a year! 

• Miket
    Miket Member Posts: 2 New User

this is a common problem with the a500. The power button is not supported well on the motherboard and if you press too hard it will break loose from the motherboard! I am a computer tech and have tried fixing this problem, but with no success!

• Inyoni
    Inyoni Member Posts: 2 New User

I have two A 500's  , last week my power button on the A500 i recently purchased failed , i opened up the tab and found the same problem all of you are having . i decided to strip my other one that is a year and a half older and found that the switch is properly secured and soldered onto the board with the securing pins going right through the board . Acer need to look at there manufacturing process .

• tlw
    tlw Member Posts: 1 New User

Our's failed also, found it completely detached  from the board. obviously a design error by Acer.

[edited to comply with guidelines]

• we3fd
    we3fd Member Posts: 1 New User

my power switch lights up like it is on but no screen or signal of it coming on

• susiew62
    susiew62 Member Posts: 1 New User

My power switch stopped working tonight too.  I have had it for a couple years but it really hadn't been used much until this last summer.  Very disappointing! 

This discussion has been closed.