Can I replace the battery in my Iconia A100 tablet?

jeffyboy
jeffyboy Member Posts: 5 New User

Can I replace the battery in my Iconia A100 tablet? Smiley Frustrated

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

While Acer can't and wouldn't try to stop you from replacing your A100 battery, we do not support the activity or provide steps on how to do so.

Hopefully other community members can provide instructions and you may be able to find instructions from other resources online. If you do decide that you want to purchase a battery, I would suggest contacting our regional Acer store to see if the price and part availability makes it an option for you.

http://store.acer.com

• jeffyboy
    Not much support. I suppose Acer wants my tablet to be worthless junk in less than 2 years. I should have listened regarding Acer.
  • jeffyboy

Now I have to listen to my wife say, "I told you so." Problem is I really like the tablet, Works great, but only for about 18 months. Now its basically worthless. It works plugged in, but that is not what I bought it for.

I have come to the conclusion that what the tablet makers are doing re batteries should be illegal. They sell you a product that they know will not keep working. Telephones and computers come with batteries that can be easily replaced by the owner. Why not tablets?

Anybody have any thoughts?

[edited to comply with guidelines]

• exscentric
    exscentric Member Posts: 78 Troubleshooter

Not an indorsement, just a possible starting point if you want to try doing it yourself.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIaO2c1TZ-U

• jeffyboy

Thank you exscentric. Finally something that might help.

• GerryMcCann
    GerryMcCann Member Posts: 1 New User

My battery suddenly died

This discussion has been closed.