Acer Aspire Touch Screen Cracked

Spudster
Spudster Member Posts: 47 New User

When i was moving my laptop around I dropped it by mistake (stupid me!) now the first layer of my screen is cracked. I have looked on ebay for a screen replacment I have found no screen I dont even know what the name is is it LED OR LCD? and where would I be able to find a new screen that is touch? I dont mind if it not touch but Its I prefer if it was.

Thanks

Answers

• Spudster

Just found out it may be the front glass not the whole screen, So where can i get the front glass from for my model

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

hi....

It looks like you're in the US and if you have a unit from US or Canada unit you can go to our get support page and head into the Fix my Acer section, if you'll fill out that information, and click "Request for Paid Repair" it will allow you proceed. The local support team will review and contact you to go over the options available including pricing and how the service works. Feel free to PM me if you run into an issue.

It looks like you're in the US and if you have a unit from US or Canada unit you can go to our get support page and head into the Fix my Acer section to place a warranty request if your tablet is in warranty.

You ay also live chat with an Acer technician at : http://acer.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch/

• Spudster

Hello, 

Im am atually from Australia which makes it harder to obtain these parts. Only other issue is it could take weeks before my unit is back so im looking for a quicker solution aswill.

Im using a external monitor for the mean time

Thanks for your help though ;.)

• Spudster

so where wold i be able to obtain a new glass panel

Streesing like never before ;.(

• Spudster

Anyone please??

Im trying to fix my problem and move on all I need to know is where to buy the parts.

• Spudster

Ok

Is this is what im looking for?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/15-6-Slim-LED-Screen-for-ACER-Aspire-V5-571P-/331026788717?pt=AU_Components&hash=item4d12bbf16d&_uhb=1

Like I said it just the glass and touch functionality. 

Carnt tell if it will include the front panel aswill.

• Bumblebee001
    Bumblebee001 Member Posts: 1 New User
    My laptop's touch screen cracked. It is a multi-touch screen (Aspire 5738PG-664G32Mn). The display itself is ok. Can it be replaced without having to replace the whole display? If yes, how do I get the old touch screen off the display? Alternatively, where can I buy a complete screen from?
This discussion has been closed.