2»

Answers

• duchanteresse
    duchanteresse Member Posts: 1 New User

Acer Aspire XC600 - installing Windows 7

• Buller
    Buller Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

Having just successfully down/up/re/back-graded an Aspire XC600 I thought I wold share with you all the steps.  While the topic has been mostly solved and explained I thought I would put it all together.

1. I am shamelessly lifting this straight from nobliti's excellent answer -

1.Completely shut down your computer.

2.Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press Delete to enter the

BIOS.

3.Use the right arrow key to select Authentication.

4.With Secure Boot highlighted, press Enter and then the down arrow to select Disabled.

5.Use the right arrow key to select Boot Options.

6.With Launch CSM highlighted, press Enter and use the down arrow to select Always.

7.Press Enter.

8.Press the F10 key to save changes and restart the system

2. This I didn't see on the rest of the post and found important -

Re-enter the BIOS, by pressing Delete, and go to the Advanced menu. 

Go down to the Intergrated Peripherals menu.

Change onboard SATA mode to Native IDE.

By doing this you can, from the Win7 DVD, delete all the existing partitions and not get any errors about not being able to install to that HDD.

3. After Win7 installed the only drivers Win7 didn't find were the Wired LAN, the Realtec USB Card Reader and SM Bus Controller.  From Acers website I downloaded the Win7 drivers for the Chipset (Intel) and the LAN Card (Intel) and the Win8 version for the Card Reader.  You should be ready to go.

This is all done on a machine with the BIOS P11-A4.  I can't be sure how similar other BIOS versions are but I hope the instuctions are suitable for them as well.

I hope that may be of help to someone.

Rob.

• norby59
    norby59 Member Posts: 1 New User

Thank you Buller,

It works perfectly on XC600-053 (Intel i5-3350P), Bios P11/A3, with a new hard drive (SSD)

Without your help, I was ready to buy a new computer: XC600 is great, but with Windows 8...

• jimmy1
    jimmy1 Member Posts: 1 New User

I am also getting same problem. Cannot boot from cd rom. and pressing F2 key has no effect

This discussion has been closed.