Haswell Aspire R7 US release information?

lucash
lucash Member Posts: 2 New User

Please, if anyone has any information in regards to the US release of the refreshed R7, please advise.  I'm sure its a lost cause, but thought I'd try to seek it out here.  Thanks in advance!

Answers

• Jboud
    Jboud Member Posts: 8 New User

Same here, I just brought back the R7-571 back and decide to wait for the stylus version.

• lucash
    lucash Member Posts: 2 New User

Well, I'm an impatient sucker. I broke down and went to best buy and picked one up one up today.  The worst part... I conceded and even picked up one with an SNID of 320.  Hopefully the wifi issues aren't across the board with SNIDs under 327.  I'm leaving the country for awhile and needed something quick.  If it doesn't fair well before I leave, I'll be taking it back as well and waiting it out.  Stylus isn't really a deal breaker for me, just wanted a haswell i7.

I'm curious, Did you take yours back just to wait for the stylus? 

• Jboud
    Yep, stylus, WIFI, Haswell, ram ect... I hope I'm patient enough to wait until later on this year...Smiley Wink
  • ajw1970
    ajw1970 Member Posts: 6 New User

I'm also holding off until haswell and i7 power. I've never wanted an Acer before but if they don't hurry up... I'll settle for something from a brand I do know. 

• ajw1970

My wife did get last year's version though and loves hers. It's just not yet powerful enough for my needs. 

• Jboud
    Hey guys, nothing on the horizon yet for the 572 version... Sony are coming out with flip versions and Lenovo with a think pad Yoga with stylus. I also might not wait too long...
  • jra166
    jra166 Member Posts: 16

Tinkerer

I hope they are taking so long because they are fixing everything that was wrong with the first model.  They rushed it to market to coincide with the Star Trek film, plain and simple. 

If this laptop fails because they rushed the first model to market, it would be a real shame, because someone finally got the convertable right.  The hinge is a stroke of genius. 

Patiently waiting for the HASWELL model...  but my patience is starting to wear thin.  A little news or update would be appreciated. 

• ajw1970

Gave up last night after getting my hands on the new Yoga 2 Pro. Went ahead and ordered the 4th Gen i7-4500 512GB SSD version last night. I'd prefer the Ezel hinge I'm already used to working with a bluetooth keyboard (Logitech K810) so using the yoga in tent mode with a separate keyboard should suffice when needed in that mode. 

Good luck to those of you who have time to wait on Acer. 

• schakrav
    schakrav Member Posts: 1 New User

I am also running out of patience... was waiting patiently for HP to release its Envy 17 Leap Motion Standard Edition and Sony to release its Mutil Flip 15 A. Both did and the Sony Flip 15 A looks like a beast but wanted to compare it with Acer's R7 572 in terms of features. However Acer and Asus are way too secretive for consumer's liking and I don't think the R7 will be superior to the Flip 15 A on any aspect except perhapds the Nvidia graphics card. If there is no news by the end of October, its back to Sony Vaio for me!

• Jboud

Same here ajw1970, I will be switching to the Yoga 2 or Thinkpad Yoga (waiting for them to be available here in Canada). Tired of reading old reviews on the ACER 571... I find Lenovo to be more informative and respectful of their customers on their upcoming products.

• jra166

Tinkerer

I better have some news on the second gen R7 by the end of November, or I have already decided my next computer will be the Sony 15" Vaio Flip.  Acer, I know you got problems, new CEO and all, but come on!  Think of your customers!

• Jboud
    Yup, looking at the Sony flips also.
  • ajw1970

Lenovo changed my order date for the Yoga 2 Pro 3 times so I cancelled and got the Sony Vaio Flip 15a instead... using it now. I7 with NVidia... very nice and full size screen like the Acer R7. This will definately do. 

• Jboud

Good for you AJW! How did you get your hands on the Flip? I see them only available on the Sony US site...

• jra166

Tinkerer

Looks like the website is in development.  This is from the Canadian website it appears:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/CA/content/compare/NX.M94AA.003-NX.M9UAA.004 

When you compare the two, battery life on the R7-572 appears to gain only an hour with Haswell.  5.5 Hrs vs 4.5 hrs.

• ajw1970

I ordered it from the sony online store. I'm in the US.

• Jboud
    Thanks AJW. I tested the Yoga pro 2 for a week and loved it. Great resolution, very fast and great design. Only bummer is no stylus. So I brought it back to Best buy and will wait for the Yoga Thinkpad. BTW do you have the stylus with your Sony flip 15? If yes, is it Wacom? Your making me itch for the Sony. How does the design feel on the flip? Does it feel solid or wably? Sorry for all the questions but I'm very curious. Thanks !
  • ajw1970

I did add the pen to my order yes. It was $40. I don't know if it's wacom or not. I just checked their website and it's showing this laptop as a pre-order now. Very odd. It was a fluke that I found it. I was irritated by Lenovo and just did a quick search to see what other haswell hybrids were out and this showed up in my search so I ordered it on the spot.

• Jboud
    Thanks AJW !
  • 2much2do
    2much2do Member Posts: 2 New User

I wonder if the new R7 v2 will be a Best Buy exclusive in the US or will it be available at other stores as well?

This discussion has been closed.