Caps Lock Notification

tt38875
tt38875 Member Posts: 1 New User

When I first got my Acer notebook, if I turned the caps lock on or off (as well as num lock), the screen would show an indicator for a second to notify me I had pressed one of the lock keys.  That suddenly stopped happening.  How do I turn that function back on?

Answers

• PersianBoy
    PersianBoy Member Posts: 7 New User

The software called ''Dritek LaunchManager'' 

• Snowshoe
    Snowshoe Member Posts: 2 New User

I have a V5-571P touchscreen and spent two sessions chatting with Acer and the level 2 tech told me that it doesn't support the caps/num lock onscreen display (OSD). Interesting enough the level 1 tech (foreign soil based) spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out a resolution, but when I was transferred to what appeared to be a U.S. based level 2 tech, they blew me off in about 2 minutes saying it didn't have this function.

I have already re-installed Launch Manager and that made no difference. I can't even find a GUI for it. Or is it just a program that runs at startup and has no user interface?

I find it hard to believe that Acer would sell a machine that has no indication for these functions. My volume and screen brightness OSDs work just fine. I suspect that maybe this same hardware was sold with Win 7 and they had the caps/num lock OSDs working for that configuration, but when they released it with Win8 it stopped working.  I won't even get into their backup/recovery apps. I'll save that for another thread.

Anyone else out there have num/caps lock OSDs working on on an Aspire V5 either on Win7 or Win8? Anyone out there with Win8 figure out a way to get it working?

• Embassy
    Embassy Member Posts: 3 New User

I'm using something called TrayStatus on my Win 8 (64 bit) machine & it seems to run fine. It also works with Win 7. After installation just be sure to click on the arrow in your task bar & select customize then select Show Icon & Notification for the caps & num locks. They will then appear in your task bar.

• Snowshoe
    Snowshoe Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks! I should have thought to search for something like that. BTW, have you seen all the adware, etc that download.com (or the app publisher) wants to add to your computer/browser when you download these apps? There were 3 or 4 "user agreements" which were a bit disturbing. I was going to just abort but I found that I could decline each one and the process would continue. I checked my browser add-ons after the install and nothing showed up, but it's a different world in the market of "free" apps these days.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

• rupertraphael
    rupertraphael Member Posts: 10 New User

New problem for my Aspire V5.

• rupertraphael

Problem Solved. I know that this post was so 5 months ago or so but I solved it! Just make sure that you installed the Launch Manager for Windows 7(even if your OS is Win8) and install the RF Button helper by Dritek driver(for some models only, like my Aspire V5-471g) in the Acer Drivers Section and make sure it enabled in startup.

• joseph2237
    joseph2237 Member Posts: 1 New User

In windows 8 Open device manager.  At the top right  Search box

Type in "Change how your keyboard works".  Click on Change how your keyboard works.

Look for Turn on Toggle keys. Check Cap lock box. Done

This little problem was driving me sane. Now I get a beep when I hit caps lock by accident.

• barnier
    barnier Member Posts: 3 New User

Un gros coup de colère.
    Possesseur d'un portable ACER V5-571 , il m'est impossible de contrôler le passage du mode majuscule en minuscule ( et vice versa..)
    pas de voyant sur le clavier, aucune indication sur l'écran qui puisse me permettre de voir le mode dans lequel je suis .
    Je téléphone chez ACER qui me dit que la carte mère n'est pas prévue à cet effet avec le système d'exploitation windows 8 .

Si vous devez faire du traitement de texte, ou composer un code confidentiel, ou si vous êtes à plusieurs à travailler sur le même ordinateur..FUYEZ, FUYEZ, FUYEZ, FUYEZ, FUYEZ, surtout n'achetez pas ce " ERSATZ ", ou PC " canada Dry " cela en en a la couleur, l'odeur, l’allure, mais laisse un gout amer.

Donc un ordinateur portable à ne pas acheter sauf si vous aimez vous faire avoir ou être pris pour un dindon .
    Pour ma part la chasse était ouverte et j'ai pris un gros coup de fusil.

• Phil-3
    Phil-3 Member Posts: 1,181 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hello barnier,

The Acer Community is a global peer to peer support forum where users share their experiences and expertise with Acer products.

Because of the multi-national nature of our community, we ask that users post in English, as that is the most common language to all users. By doing this, our members are more likely to get a response to their question, and those answers will be available to the entire community as a resource.

Thanks!

• Leho
    Leho Member Posts: 525 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Joseph

I have Windows 8 and can get into Device Manager. But, there is no search box in the upper right or anywhere else.  Still trying to solve this.

BTW  Phil: Barnier's English translation posting is under -- V5 -- Dropping Internet.  That is one seriously upset gentleman.

Leho

• anray
    anray Member Posts: 2 New User

Leho wrote:

Joseph

I have Windows 8 and can get into Device Manager. But, there is no search box in the upper right or anywhere else.  Still trying to solve this.

BTW  Phil: Barnier's English translation posting is under -- V5 -- Dropping Internet.  That is one seriously upset gentleman.

Leho

Leho, here is the answer

• anray
    anray Member Posts: 2 New User

rupertraphael wrote:

Problem Solved. I know that this post was so 5 months ago or so but I solved it! Just make sure that you installed the Launch Manager for Windows 7(even if your OS is Win8) and install the RF Button helper by Dritek driver(for some models only, like my Aspire V5-471g) in the Acer Drivers Section and make sure it enabled in startup.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to find RF Button helper by Dritek driver even for Aspire V5-471g.

rupertraphael, please point out where it could be found.

• rupertraphael

Actually, I just found it on the Acer website, it was a driver for Windows 7 of the Acer Aspire V5-471G. Unfortunately my hotkeys for volume, next and pause malfunctioned so I decided to reinstall the original Dritek driver for the RF Button.

• bonniestri
    bonniestri Member Posts: 1 New User
  • nelsonnoble
    nelsonnoble Member Posts: 1 New User

Thanks a lot.

• bjgrndma41
    bjgrndma41 Member Posts: 1 New User

Has anyone found an answer to this problem?  It presents a problem when typing in password and don't know if in lower case or upper case.

• amardeogupta
    amardeogupta Member Posts: 1 New User

Iam not getting Caps Lock Notification

• dasvon
    dasvon Member Posts: 1 New User

On the Acer Aspire V5, you may hold the Number lock key down for 5 seconds to get a choice screen to turn "beep" indicator on or off, for all CAP, NUM L, and Scroll Lock keys.  Not very helpful in a loud environment, but it's something.  It might occasionally turn off/reset as well so repeating the chore might be needed.

To tickle setting, go to Control Panel*/ Ease of access / ease of access center / make the keyboard easier to use **

Find "Make it easier to use"  then tickle "Turn on Toggle Keys" 

As always, remember to click "Apply" first, then "OK"

*   To shortcut to Control Panel, hover pointer on bottom left of screen until mini-"Start" icon appears, right-click and find Control Panel in the menu among other shortcuts.

**   Shortcut -- At Ease of Access Center you may find "Make Keyboard easier...." under the heading. 

• Ola1
    Ola1 Member Posts: 1 New User

I used this to solove the problem 

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers Just choose your software and download, then scroll down and choose LManager.exe it should work Smiley Happy

• n2gc
    n2gc Member Posts: 104 Troubleshooter

I have been using this small utility for caps lock on a 5742 using W7 Pro and it works

well. The 5742 doesn't have a caps lock light or indicator built into from Acer, so

one have to come up with something.

This program will place a red "x" or green "check" in the taskbar letting you know if you're

in caps lock and will also produce a small "beep" after a few letters typed in if in caps lock.

Works really well for me and hopefully others,

http://caps-lock.software.informer.com/4.2/