Lost Sound card/Audio Device on my Acer Aspire One

anitapark
anitapark Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an older Acer Aspire One 10" Notebook with XP and when I was doing some cleanup of programs I lost my Audio Device/Sound Card.  Can only help me with this problem?

Answers

• HolyDriver
    HolyDriver Member Posts: 31

Tinkerer

Two options are:

- Do a system restore to before you lost your audio to see if that restores the missing file.

- Go here, look up your model, and download the audio driver for reinstallation.

• anitapark
    anitapark Member Posts: 2 New User

My sytem restore won't work.  So I tried your second suggestion and went to the Acer site and downloaded the audio drivers.  Still no Audio Devise.  Any othe suggestions? 

• HolyDriver
    HolyDriver Member Posts: 31

Tinkerer

At this point, there are two things that I can suggest:

- Try completely uninstalling the audio driver, reboot the system, then attemp to reinstall (double-check that you do have the proper audio driver beforehand, too).  Reboot the system after the installation, and try your audio again.  Be sure to check the "Sounds and Audio Devices" properties under the "Audio" and "Voice" tabs to make sure you have the proper devices selected for audio output.  You can find this by checking the Control Panel, or right-clicking the volume control icon in the bottom right corner of your screen.

- Failing that, especially if your install of XP is 6 months or older, you may want to look into backing up all your files and reinstalling the OS.  XP starts to decline in performance around the 6 month mark and will become slower and more unstable as time goes on.

• edmingo
    edmingo Member Posts: 2 New User

How do I restore my audio that I mistakenly uninstalled?

• edmingo
    edmingo Member Posts: 2 New User

How do I restore the sound on my Acer Aspire AM5641 computerthat i mistakenly uninstalled ?

This discussion has been closed.