How can I do this? Boot from USB Acer one 10

mazz0ni_exe
mazz0ni_exe Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited May 2023 in Aspire Laptops

Hi all, I have an Acer one 10 with 32-bit OS and for some reason I decided to do a clean reinstall of the entire 64-bit OS. I created the USB using the original microsoft tool but when I connected it to my Acer I have no way to access the boot menu (the stick is detected). I also tried to start the installation via the command line and via the "start from file" option present in a strange part of the bios which I entered via the windows 10 restore function. How can I do this? Do you have ideas?

Thanks

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,247 Trailblazer

UTC+2

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• mazz0ni_exe

Tinkerer

Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately it doesn't help. I need to do a reinstall of the OS from the USB and not reset the OS to the default state.

• Alejandro_AC

I understand, thank you.

With the laptop turned off, insert the USB, then turn on the computer and press F12 continuously until the boot screen appears, once you get it, select the USB.

The F12 function may not work unless it is enabled in BIOS, if this is the case, access the BIOS setup and enable it.

I have doubts about whether it supports the 64-bit system, can you tell me the exact model of your computer?
    It must be something like One 10 S1002

Thank you.
    All the best.

UTC+2

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

X (Twitter)

• mazz0ni_exe

Tinkerer

edited July 2023

I checked, it supports 64-bit windows. However, in the bios I can't find the option to activate the boot menu by pressing the keys, there is no option that allows me to get it ... I don't know how to do it. Now I'll take pictures of the bios and attach them below.

This is the EFI option:

Thanks

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information]

• Alejandro_AC

In that case, try the traditional method of booting from a Windows installation USB:

-Access BIOS and place the USB as the first boot device in the "boot" tab, which according to your captures is already correct, so disable only fast boot.
    -Save and turn off the equipment
    -Connect the USB and start the computer
    -It should recognize the installation USB

Thank you.
    All the best.

UTC+2

X (Twitter)

• mazz0ni_exe

Tinkerer

Thanks, I'll try tomorrow. But how do I access the boot menu to select the USB as boot?

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 7,528 Pathfinder

You activate the BIOS menu by pressing Ctrl+S (Sierra).

If you don't see your USB stick in the BIOS boot tab (EFI, 3rd page) there is an issue with your Windows USB Recover flash drive, either your USB port is not compatible (USB 3.01 or 2.0) with the stick, or it was made with a different Windows version. You should get one made with Windows10, UEFI. If this USB stick contains the W10 ISO file you did something wrong, check this tutorial how to do it properly:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-clean-install-windows-10-a.html

• Alejandro_AC

Access BIOS and place the USB as the first boot device in the "boot" tab, which according to your captures is already correct, so disable only fast boot.

UTC+2

X (Twitter)

• Are you converting the usb drive to gpt and formatting it in fat32? Have you tested using a 32bit iso?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • mazz0ni_exe

Tinkerer

edited May 2023

I can't find any option to put the USB first in the boot order. In BIOS on BOOT>EFI I have only those 2 options as shown in the picture. F12 for the boot menu isn't working.

• mazz0ni_exe

Tinkerer

The USB is made by the microsoft media creation tool. I also just installed windows on a computer via this usb and everything went fine.

• Are you converting the usb drive to gpt and formatting it in fat32? Have you tested using a 32bit iso?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Alejandro_AC

In that case, use the traditional method, turn off the computer, connect the USB and turn on the computer, check if it boots from the USB.
    Try all USB ports, especially USB 2.0 ports.

UTC+2

X (Twitter)

• mazz0ni_exe

Tinkerer

edited May 2023

There’s only one port.

How do I access the boot menu?

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 7,528 Pathfinder

You were in BIOS when you took those pictures, toggle the F2 key while pressing the power button.
    I believe your motherboard has the old firmware without UEFI mode support, did you perhaps update to Bios V1.11 recently?

• Alejandro_AC

In that case try only with that port.

All the best.

UTC+2

X (Twitter)

• mazz0ni_exe

Tinkerer

When I'm home later I'll check the firmware version, but it has support for UEFI mode because there are options related to it that you can change. In any case, I would only need to be able to access the boot menu to start the PC from the USB (remember that it was done with the microsoft media creation tool). If I try to boot from the bios via an .efi file (because there is also this setting) it tells me that it cannot be booted. From windows in the file explorer I can't because the windows version installed now is 32-bit and the one I want to put is 64-bit (the processor supports it). I can't find the "F12 boot menu" option in the bios. Do I have to leave the "secure boot" option enabled?.

(I have already sent the photos of the entire BIOS).

Thanks

• Na guia boot, desative o quick boot. Deixe o usb boot ativado. O pendrive é detectado?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• mazz0ni_exe

Tinkerer

The problem is that I can't access the Boot Menu. In my BIOS I have the option "boot from USB" but I can't find the "F12 boot menu" option. How can I boot my Acer one 10 from my usb?

Thanks.