My laptop charging problem, when i remove the charger the charging is draining too fast soon.

anees03
anees03 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited May 2023 in Aspire Laptops

when the laptop charging is low i put the charger when i close the lid the charging is showing 100% with in a sec i was surprise then when i remove the charger the charging is draining too fast soon reaches to shut down. Please help me to come out of the problem as soon as possible.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 7,524 Pathfinder

I am not quite following what you are writing, how old is your laptop and what is the model?

You plug-in the adapter when the battery charge is low, you then close the lid (after you shut down) and see the blue LED light indicating a 100% fully charged battery, after how many hours? Then you turn on the laptop and unplug the adapter and the battery drops quickly near zero charge as shown on the Windows10 (orW11?) Battery Meter.

There are a few things you can do like; uninstall Windows battery controllers, update BIOS and/or buy a new battery.

Let me know if I understand you correctly and please type my screen name on top @Puraw or click on "Quote" at the bottom of this comment.

• anees03
    anees03 Member Posts: 2 New User

how old is your laptop and what is the model? Ans: its just 9 months old laptop and the model is A715-51G.I am not so satisfy with this battery life

100% fully charged battery, after how many hours?  let me explain you in detail when i my charge is 20% i put to charger after 5 min i saw the blue light is on when i open the laptop it was 100%.Now again when i was using the laptop charging is draining very fast as 1 min takes 2% to drain.

when I again put in charge it again showing 100%. So please help me to get out of the trouble. Can I change the battery, Is it comes under the warrant or I spend my money. Is there any alternative idea to do? please reply as fast as you can

• Hi! Update the bios to the latest version:

Optimize battery charging behavior
    • Data:2023/02/21
    • Versão:1.08
    • Fornecedor:Acer
    • Tamanho:8.42 MB
    • Download

Note: Updating the bios is risky.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 7,524 Pathfinder

Yes, update your BIOS version to 2.02 if you have not done that yet:

https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_2.02_A_A.zip?acerid=636872639637878065&Step1=&Step2=&Step3=ASPIRE%20A515-51&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

If charging issues still occur, uninstall these 2 battery drivers with Device manager and reboot;

Note: when you first use a laptop or after installing a new battery you have to drain the battery till the laptop shuts down (5%) then plug in the power adapter without turning on the laptop and charge till the charge LED turns blue. Windows and BIOS have now registered a full charge cycle and data in Battery Meter and Battery Report will be valid. Only have to do this once.