Nitro AN517-54 I tried to connect my laptop to this LG OLED TV (3840x2160@120HZ) it shows no signal

FoxHound
FoxHound Member Posts: 4 New User
edited May 2023 in Nitro Gaming

Greeting Acer Community,

I had Acer Laptop Nitro AN517-54 SNID (XXX)

I just bought LG OLED TV (its model is LG OLED55CS6LA), PS: The TV is capable of playing 4K Resolution@120HZ

The question is, when I trying to conect my laptop to this TV mentioned above through HDMI 2.1 certified cable (UGREEN HDMI Cable 8K HDMI 2.1 Ultra HD High-Speed 48Gbps 8K@60Hz 4K@120Hz 4K@100Hz) and set the resolution on (3840x2160@120HZ) it shows no signal

so I don't know what to do, I tried everything to play 4K resolution but didn't work.

I uploaded pictures for more specific.

thanks for advance Acer Community

[Edited the thread to add model name]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,244 Trailblazer
    edited May 2023

Hi @FoxHound waiting for more answers that can help your query, did you try with the laptop connected to the power supply?
    If you reduce the resolution (just as a test) do you get video?

Thank you.
    All the best.

UTC+2

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• FoxHound

@Alejandro_AC yes its conected to power supply and its set to high performance

yeah I get video when I lower the resolution to (1920x1080) as it shown in 1st picture

but my laptop supposed to and capable of playing 4K, and TV as well .

• Hello! It should support this resolution:

Have you tried updating your nvidia and intel video card drivers?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,244 Trailblazer

If you can view video with a lower resolution, from my point of view, the problems of not being able to configure higher resolutions can be justified by:

-HDMI cable used, try another cable or one of higher categories.

-Inadequate drivers to offer higher resolutions. Check first on the download page of the equipment in Acer if there is a more recent driver, as a second option, check it directly on the page of the manufacturer of the graphics card.

-Make sure that the TV has an HDMI input specially designed for higher resolutions.

Thank you.
    All the best.

UTC+2

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• FoxHound

its all updated, also Icheck Nvidia experience, up to date too

• FoxHound

Already the cable I used is certified, here's the link where I bought the HDMI cable

the TV also support 4k, ( LG OLED55CS6LA), it support G-sync and 4K@120HZ

• eGomes
    eGomes Member Posts: 2,611 Guru

Hi @FoxHound,

Did you try install lastest SW File (Version 03.33.16) available in LG Support!?

https://www.lg.com/levant_en/support/software-firmware?csSalesCode=OLED55CS6LA.AMQE

Try to also, do a test in another HDMI ports of your LG Smart TV.

• eGomes
    eGomes Member Posts: 2,611 Guru

Check also, these configuration: