Acer Aspire E5-473 won't boot up

faescherr
faescherr Member Posts: 1 New User

To start this story, I would say that this specific laptop had already had its hard drive replaced. On the first few days it would turn on like normal with a tap of the power button, until it didn't. Its light indicating it was on would flicker for a few seconds before powering down.

I found a workaround, the battery reset button. It worked amazingly, the only issue was that on the first tap it would turn on, screen flickered and the fan ran full power before shutting down with a click and then I have to tap the power button again and it would turn on like normal.

Now regardless if I use the power reset button or not, it leads to the same thing: the light would stay on and the fan ran full power. I have tried draining it to the absolute too but to no avail.

The only clue I have as to what went wrong is that the last time I had it open, the windows console would suddenly appear and show something like "SysBoot" (??), I didn't have enough time to read it as it closed pretty fast. I would like to know what kind of problem I'm actually dealing with whether it's a hardware or software issue.

Best Answer

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,078 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

This is a 8-year-old Windows10 Intel Core i5-5200U 5th Gen. laptop model that probably developed some hardware issues by now like bad contacts, keyboard and PSU (MOBO) problems, making booting unreliable. I suggest bringing your laptop to Acer Services in your country for checking and if repairs exceed the present value of the laptop consider getting a new Windows11 low-middle range laptop ($400-$500). You can use the HDD as external backup drive in a USB case ($10).

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,078 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

This is a 8-year-old Windows10 Intel Core i5-5200U 5th Gen. laptop model that probably developed some hardware issues by now like bad contacts, keyboard and PSU (MOBO) problems, making booting unreliable. I suggest bringing your laptop to Acer Services in your country for checking and if repairs exceed the present value of the laptop consider getting a new Windows11 low-middle range laptop ($400-$500). You can use the HDD as external backup drive in a USB case ($10).