I would like to change the case to KRUX Vako I need help with my Acer N50-500 Series.

Sixtee
Sixtee Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited April 2023 in Nitro Gaming
hey, I would like to change the case to KRUX Vako, but I don't know if my computer without a case will fit in this case, my pc is an Acer Nitro 5 N50-600 Series with i5-9400f and RTX 2060. I would be grateful for an answer.

Sixtee.
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• papayatek
    papayatek Member Posts: 68 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

I recently swapped my N50-640 into a new case. The N-50 series should use the same size motherboards, and they will fit ATX size with a bit more in front for the front I/O. I moved it to a micro ATX case because, while the PSU box is standard size, the cables are really short. Your KRUX Vako might be too tall for the cables. Here's a pic of my N40-640 motherboard in a Deepcool Macube micro ATX case:

Answers

• papayatek
    Answer ✓

I recently swapped my N50-640 into a new case. The N-50 series should use the same size motherboards, and they will fit ATX size with a bit more in front for the front I/O. I moved it to a micro ATX case because, while the PSU box is standard size, the cables are really short. Your KRUX Vako might be too tall for the cables. Here's a pic of my N40-640 motherboard in a Deepcool Macube micro ATX case:

• Sixtee

Tinkerer

Thank you, u helped me so much. U have smaller case than me but this photo really helped me. Appreciate

• Sixtee

Tinkerer

• papayatek
    edited April 2023

I use https://www.deepcool.com/products/Cases/fulltowercases/Macube-110-Micro-ATX-Case/2021/4670.shtml micro ATX tower, it's shorter than mid tower. Micro ATX towers have 4 PCI slots, mid towers have 6 PCI slots. Original Acer case only has 3 PCI slots.

This should be a picture of the N50-600 motherboard

and here's a better picture of my N50-640 motherboard:

-To me they look to be the same size, just different in the front. If it's the same size, N50-600 motherboards should fit any ATX case, so it will fit your KRUX Vako mid tower case. Like I said previously, the Acer PSU cables are really short, so they might be too short for mid tower cases. You can always buy extension cords though.

-Here's a pic of my final setup, runs really cool, anyone with an Acer Nitro-50 should consider doing a case swap, it's easy, but you'll lose easy access to the front I/O because they are soldered into the motherboard.

-if you have more questions I'll try to help.

• benjyc
    benjyc Member Posts: 28 Troubleshooter

hi i’d like to ask a question, i’m interested/ going to swap my acer nitro n50-640 case, how did you do the rgb fans? with a rgb fan controller or just into the header?

• papayatek

there are no rgb headers on Acer motherboards, the lights are powered by Sata power. You'll need an RGB or ARGB controller that plugs into the SATA power. I'll create a seperate thread to show how to do a case swap, very simple process.

• benjyc

could you also let me know what controllers as i’m not too sure which one to buy. thank you!

thank you for the help is appreciated!

• papayatek
    edited May 2023

RGB = 4 pin 12v

ARGB = 3 pin 5v , more colours and modes

make sure you get the right one depending on what LEDs you have (RGB or ARGB)

This is the ARGB controller that I used, it has a seperate remote to change the different modes. powered by Sata.

• benjyc

Thank you for helping me, i really appreciate the help as i’m only just starting in this case swapping world so didn’t know what to do etc. thank you!

• benjyc

also following up on this, would this go to a hub?

• papayatek

depends on your fans. My fans came with male and female connectors, so I just daisy chained them together, no need for a hub.

• benjyc

yeah was looking into hubs last night the fans i want can daisychain but might still get a hub.

• benjyc

so for the fans will i have to buy more sata cables or does the psu have many?

• papayatek

For Acer N50, Sata power doesn't come from the PSU, it comes from the motherboard:

-There are 3 Sata Power sockets on the N50-640 motherboard. NOTE: 3 is where the Acer LEDs draw power from, so you can turn that on or off with Nitrosense.

These are the Acer Sata cables that plugs into the sockets:

-Each cable can power 2 devices (HDD, fans, lights etc…)

• benjyc

so a controller can just go into that?

sorry for the many questions.

• papayatek

yep

-np, ask away, I'll be happy to help

-btw did you buy your new case yet? Are you gonna upgrade the CPU cooler?

• benjyc

i think i’m going to get the same case as you as there’s no other nice cases that anyone else has built in with the same motherboard. and no do you recommend i should?

• benjyc

ordered the case today, coming saturday.

• benjyc

with the io ports ours are in the blue circle if i’m correct which way does it go in ? (power button)