Can my Acer nitro 5 AN515-55 use VR? I really don't know what to trust anymore

Matoros
Matoros Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited June 2023 in Nitro Gaming
Specs - Intel Core i7 10750H Comet Lake, 32Gb ram, RTX 3060 6gb, USB 3.2 Gen 1, USB 3.2 Gen 2, USB-C

I have seen many confilcting answer so i really dont know what to trust anymore, hence why posting this. Any help is appreciated!
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

Answers

• Matoros

Tinkerer

Or more specifically , will this VR run ?  Oculus Quest 2
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Matoros,

Its USB-C port doesn't output video, but you can use the Acer Nitro 5 for VR if you use an HDMI-to-USB-C or HDMI-to-displayport adapter. Most games won't run smoothly enough to play in VR, but some games with relatively simple graphics would work well (beat saber, etc).

https://www.quora.com/Is-this-laptop-VR-ready-Acer-Nitro-5-15-6-144hz-i5-11400H-8GB-512SSD-RTX3050-and-what-kind-of-games-could-I-play
  • Matoros

Tinkerer

So update to the Vr stuff, noone probably cares, but if there's someone who has the same question and wants first hand experience answer, here you go. My USB-C works perfectly with my oculus quest 2, no issues whatsoever. You can connect wirelessly and via cable just fine. I didnt have to use any kind of adapter surprisingly, jsut direct plug in.

• davesnitro5
    davesnitro5 Member Posts: 2 New User

Did you use the official cable? I have a nitro57 model with 3060 gpu and I keep getting stuttering, with or without a direct cable. I've tried everything