no audio output device installed??

kellyanne
kellyanne Member Posts: 1 New User

hi, just wondering if anyone could help me, my acer aspire 5520 laptop has no sound, displays "no audio output device is installed" ... literally stopped working randomly when i switched it on in usual way... ive tried restoring it to factory setting, without luck , very frustrating having a laptop with no sound especially as my two young sons rely heavily on it for educational resources....  pls help Man Embarassed

Answers

• MartinF
    MartinF Member Posts: 51 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Hi

Welcome to the Acer Community!

Hmm, if the Factory Recovery didn't bring it back I would suspect a hardware problem as this would install the original drivers.

What OS are you running? If XP, try the driver from the Support site. Choose Notebook/Ultrabook, Aspire, Aspire 5520, select OS, download and install the Realtek Audio driver, see if it helps.

• BKBarnes138
    BKBarnes138 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the same computer and the same problem. Aspire 5520, Vista Home Premium, 32bit. Sometimes the audio works when I turn it on but most times does not. I have tried updating the drivers through Windows update, uninstalling and reinstalling, downloading directly from Realtek and installing. I have since upgraded to Windows 7 Premium 64 bit, and the problem was fine for awhile but continues to this day. Even doing a system restore to a time when the audio worked does not work. I have tried updating the driver through Device Manager, through third party system repair programs such as System Mechanic, I have run Microsoft Fix-It troubleshooter. The volume icon shows a red X and the device in Device Manager has a yellow triangle ! mark.

I have also downloaded drivers from the acer support site (for Vista), however there is no audio driver listed on the site for Windows 7 64bit for this model number.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

What are you showing as "Default Device" in Control Panel>Sound>Playback

This discussion has been closed.