Compatibility Issues with Acer Swift 5 and Docking Station

sharonsmithh
sharonsmithh Member Posts: 1 New User
edited May 2023 in Swift and Spin Series

Hello forum members,

I am currently facing compatibility issues between my Acer Swift 5 laptop and a docking station [ https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/dc/accessories-and-software/docking ], and I'm seeking assistance to resolve this problem. Whenever I connect my laptop to my old Lenovo docking station, I encounter various issues that hinder its functionality.

The docking station provides additional ports and connectivity options, allowing me to connect external monitors, peripherals, and other devices. However, when I connect my Acer Swift 5 to the docking station, I experience problems such as intermittent display output, USB connectivity failures, and audio issues.

I have ensured that the docking station is compatible with my laptop model and have installed the latest drivers and firmware updates for both the laptop and the docking station. However, the issues persist, suggesting a specific compatibility problem between the Acer Swift 5 and the docking station.

If any of you have encountered similar compatibility issues between the Acer Swift 5 and a docking station or have any insights or suggestions for resolving this problem, I would greatly appreciate your assistance.

Thank you in advance for your support and expertise!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer

Whenever I connect my laptop to my old Lenovo docking station,»> I encounter various issues that hinder its functionality.I have ensured that the docking station is compatible with my laptop model

1. What is your full Swift 5 model number? For example Sf315-22?
    2. Which old Lenovo model number are you using? There are several on your link.
    3. How did you ensure the two were compatible?
    4. Does the dock work OK on another machine?

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

You don't state what issues you are having, so it is tough to make any suggestions. Answer Jack's questions and tell us what is not working or working oddly and we should be able to help.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer

»>I experience problems such as intermittent display output, USB connectivity failures, and audio issues.»>

Jack E/NJ