Very high temperature and trotling Acer Pridator Triton 500 SE 12700h

qwertyhq
qwertyhq Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited January 2023 in Predator Laptops

Very high temp when i render project in blender, and trotl, what i can do to fix this?

Some core stay 100C

but the fan is spinning at 100%.

or it's normal for notebook?

Acer Predator 500 SE

12700h

3070ti

32GB DDR5

2TB SSD M2

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hi,

It's normal for these high temperatures in this model because of the powerful hardware, you can use different Power plans to see whether they help, you can choose Balanced plan in Windows settings and Acer plan in Power options(Control panel->Hardware and Sound->Power options) or Balanced plan in both settings.

Acer's Best Gaming Laptop! // Acer Predator Triton 500 SE Review - YouTube

• qwertyhq

Tinkerer

edited March 2023

that is, if my 4 and 6 cores are heated to 100c or the temperature on the CPU cover is 100c, is it normal?

the remaining cores are 86с

I'm playing BF 2042, in turbo mode, on a balanced power plan, the processor is throttled, but the fps is 15 frames higher, and the throttling does not affect the game and some kernels (4 and 6) show 99-100c other 87c. Will it harm my computer? I use a cooling plate

My laptop model: pt516-52s-73DC

Acer Predator 500 SE

12700h

3070ti

32GB DDR5

2TB SSD M2

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer

Have you tried different fan speeds in PS? It may be very noisy but might reduce the temperatures, 100°C is too much, if it stays 90-95°C it's fine, it's a recent model laptop, it may not harm now but I would suggest you contact Acer Support centre and ask them about the high temperatures because they may suggest repasting under warranty.

https://www.acer.com/us-en/languages

• qwertyhq

Tinkerer

the temperature is 100 degrees only on 2 cores during the cinebench,
    test, as well, this temperature appears only after switching to turbo mode

during the game - there is a trottling, sometimes the processor hits the temperature of 100c, but the value jumps from 90c to 100c (very fast)
    But this does not affect the game in any way, FPS only increases, there are no freezes

• qwertyhq

Tinkerer

is this the data of the Acer service center in Cyprus? confused, I can't find the data

• qwertyhq

Tinkerer

After extended communication with Acer support and receiving standard responses, I went to an Acer service center in my city. The technician looked at my benchmarks and said that this is not normal and we are waiting for Acer to provide liquid metal for replacement. If this does not help, a full motherboard replacement will be necessary.

IF YOU HAVE THE SAME ISSUE - IT IS A DEFECT, BRING YOUR COMPUTER FOR WARRANTY REPAIR!!!

• qwertyhq

Tinkerer

After the repair at the Acer service center, I still have the same problem, apparently it's normal for this laptop. Also, after the repair, the button for switching between normal/turbo modes stopped working...
    I will take it for repair for the second time.
    Regarding the throttling issue, I don't know how to solve it, apparently the laptop needs to be replaced...
    Also, the system changes settings after 5 minutes of stress testing and the throttling stops, the temperature drops. I don't understand this algorithm, I am attaching a screenshot

• qwertyhq

Tinkerer

The technician has submitted a request to Acer to get a new motherboard for my laptop. I hope this will help, he said that overheating is not normal.
    He forgot to connect the button, it happens)
    I will update the thread with the results. Good luck to everyone

• qwertyhq

Tinkerer

"Well, let me tell you how it all ended up. Today is June 16, 2023. After the motherboard and liquid metal were replaced, the technician damaged my laptop by breaking the mode switch button, as well as the left speaker. The overheating intensified, causing the laptop to restart. Additionally, the technician broke my monitor, preventing brightness adjustment. I filed a complaint and had to switch to a different service provider. They fixed the new issues and addressed the old ones. I waited for Acer to fix my laptop until MID-JUNE!!!!! My computer became a Frankenstein's monster that was rebuilt three times, and eventually, I received a damaged casing with several cracks. They forced me to accept such poor quality repair work. Customer support could have been better, and I cannot understand how laptops with faults are sold! My story is not unique; you can read reviews about this particular laptop. EVERYONE HAS PROBLEMS WITH OVERHEATING!

After all the repairs, the working temperature of my computer eventually became normal. So be careful when buying a laptop, test it immediately in the store to make a return or swap for a different model! Good luck to everyone, and I am attaching a screenshot of the new temperature results."

• qwertyhq

Tinkerer