I have a AN515-57-79TD and screen goes black

Greyman505
Greyman505 Member Posts: 2 New User

the screen will turn off when I plug in my crucial ssd even after I wiped it from my previous computer, and I missing a step? Please help!

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,696 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

The reason that you get a black screen is because you haven’t plugged the SATA flat cable of the 2.5” Crucial MX500 SSD drive into the motherboard SATA plug properly, this is a common fault and issue with these newer Nitro latops that have that cheap SATA clip on SATA motherboard plug that is small and cheap and the cable doesn’t make 100% contact with the motherboard plug.

The same thing happened to me with my AN515-56 that I attempted to plug my 2.5” SATA drive a few times and it didn’t plug in properly and eventually the flat SATA cables pins were damaged as that SATA plug clip just won’t secure this cable to the plug, as its top clip is a bad design by Acer. I eventually had to use my 2.5” drive as an external drive. If your laptop is under warranty then send your laptop to Acer Service in your area and get Acer to fit this Crucial MX 500 SSD to your laptop.

Answers

• StevenGen
    Answer ✓

The reason that you get a black screen is because you haven’t plugged the SATA flat cable of the 2.5” Crucial MX500 SSD drive into the motherboard SATA plug properly, this is a common fault and issue with these newer Nitro latops that have that cheap SATA clip on SATA motherboard plug that is small and cheap and the cable doesn’t make 100% contact with the motherboard plug.

The same thing happened to me with my AN515-56 that I attempted to plug my 2.5” SATA drive a few times and it didn’t plug in properly and eventually the flat SATA cables pins were damaged as that SATA plug clip just won’t secure this cable to the plug, as its top clip is a bad design by Acer. I eventually had to use my 2.5” drive as an external drive. If your laptop is under warranty then send your laptop to Acer Service in your area and get Acer to fit this Crucial MX 500 SSD to your laptop.

• Greyman505
    Greyman505 Member Posts: 2 New User

I'm going to set it up as a external drive, thanks for the help!

• StevenGen

Yes, unfortunately its very disappointing that manufacturers are trying to save money and are reverting to cheap and bad designs like that clip, when before they had a very effective plug and play type SATA plug.